OLD THREAD Miles:"If things work out, there will be something official on Monday"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

With Tenn, Bama (Croyle back), Florida... i'd say we give up... well hell we will wait and see, hopefully less then we score on them.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Mike Scarborough
    [​IMG][​IMG]LSU's coaching search officially began one week ago on Christmas night when Nick Saban announced he was taking a job offer to coach the Miami Dolphins. LSU director of Athletics Skip Bertman, his search committee and an outside hired firm now appear to have come up with Oklahoma State head coach Les Miles to be the Tigers next head coach. Miles could be introduced to the media as the Tigers next coach as early as Monday

the word is out

3. ohessyou

ohessyou Freshman

Defensive Points

The long-standing tradition at OSU going back to the days of Thurman and Barry was to give up 2 less than we scored! That always left the defense a 1-point margin of error. It should be noted that the best result fromthis philosophy was a 10-2 season. Hopefully a top-flight program can improve on this eventually. Personally, put me down for 32 as the O/U on PPG.

4. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I am sure if Skip Bertman felt Michigan was a threat he would not hire him. We pay our coach more than anyone in the country when they deserve it. I understand it is not always about money, but I have a hard time believing that if Miles was that interested in Michigan that we would allow ourself to be put in that position. We are not a stepping stone for any other college at this point.

5. ohessyou

ohessyou Freshman

Fox Sports now reporting that the job will be offered to Les Miles after a series of candidates removed their names from consideration. Ouch!

6. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

It is downright pitiful how this gets reported. Coaches 'withdraw' their names to save face once they find out another is in line for the job.

7. ohessyou

ohessyou Freshman

Michigan

Yo USC...carve it in stone. Unless there is a total collapse at LSU Les Miles will be offered and accept the Michigan job when Lloyd Carr retires. UM is where Les played and won a national championship.

8. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Be sure to come back once Lloyd retires ok?

9. philter

philter Founding Member

'Let 'er rip!!' - lol..when I see those words I can't but think they belong emblazoned below the horse's ass on your avatar :eek:

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Great Segment from CapOne Bowl Rap up on CFN:

What to take away from this game: What's next for LSU? The season couldn't have ended in more painful fashion, but the play of JaMarcus Russell, the running of Alley Broussard, and the playmaking by the receivers have to make LSU fans sky high for 2005. Get over this loss. In the end, it doesn't matter for a program that wants to play for national titles.

Obviously job one will be to get used to the new coaching staff and try to keep all the positive momentum from the Nick Saban era rolling. The talent is there for a huge season led on offense by QB JaMarcus Russell, who has enough experience to be expected to come through with a strong year. There's almost too much talent at running back with Alley Broussard, Joseph Addai and Justin Vincent all good enough to carry the attack. Skyler Green, Craid Davis, Dwayne Bowe, Early Doucet and Xavier Carter could be the nation's fastest receiving corps. The line loses Rimington Award center Ben Wilkerson while OT Andrew Whitworth might be ready to go off to the NFL early. Even so, the line ill be a strength. On defense, it'll be business as usual despite the graduation of star end Marcus Spears as Kyle Williams and Claude Wroten will form one of the SEC's best tackle duo. The back seven is packed with speed and athleticism, but the starting corners need to be replaced losing Travis Daniels and Corey Webster. The schedule is a dream considering the SEC slate with the toughest games (Arizona State, Tennessee, Florida and Auburn) in Baton Rouge and the road games against Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Alabama and Ole Miss

I can only HOPE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.