OLD THREAD Miles:"If things work out, there will be something official on Monday"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

That is a great suggestion :lol:

2. philter

philter Founding Member

I've read that Miles and Carr hate each other, and the people who hired Carr will hire Cam Cameron because he's a Carr disciple. Miles and Carr ripped the sheets a long time ago, and the UM staff kinda split over the issue. Carr's side won, and therefore he stayed and eventually got the job. No way in hell he recommends Miles as the coach is what I read. This was from a football columnist.

3. ohessyou

ohessyou Freshman

Miles at Michigan

1) Schembechler and Carr have both stated that they will play no role in selecting the next head coach at Michigan.
    2) Nick Saban's recommendation for the next LSU coach apparently didn't even get an interview.
    3) Carr's contract is up in 2008. He will only be 63 then so it could be renewed

4. philter

philter Founding Member

You know more than I about that situation. One thing I do know is that if Les Miles leaves LSU to go to Michigan, anyone involved in hiring him will be lynched...so I would assume there will be a hefty contractual penalty written in.

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

You expect a big buyout......7 years 8.25 million w/ 2.5 mill buy out?

6. ohessyou

ohessyou Freshman

FYI - Les current contract is 1.5 per year plus he is walking away from a likely 1 million dollar bonus if he makes a bowl game next year. (4 out of 5 years).

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Doesn't matter... he steps up to a 1st tier football program - he takes a small pay cut until he "proves" himself.

8. ohessyou

ohessyou Freshman

new OSU coach

Ok guys, lets see what the LSU fans think. I posted this on an OSU board for fun so lets see what the peeps here think. To replace Les Miles, OSU should hire:

1) Rick Neuheisel
    2) Mike Price
    3) Mike Gundy
    4) Bo Pelini <-- Why didn't LSU hire this guy?
    5) Other

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Price or Pelini, but it will be Gundy

10. philter

philter Founding Member

Out of those 5, I'd go with Price for a proven winner or Gundy for potential.

We wanted a guy with HC experience and a track record of clean programs. Pelini may be a good hire, but he didn't fit the mold (no HC experience). If you are going to take a bit of a chance on a coach with no HC experience, you are better off going with someone who has at least been a coordinator. They have a great deal of responsibility as you know.

OSU should go after some guy like Mike Nolan, Mike Zimmer, Jim Johnson, Jim Bates, Donnie Henderson, etc. They will do a great job for you - and you'll have a good defense :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.