Ole Dorm Resipes

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Celtic Tiger, Jan 16, 2010.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I used to cook chicken breasts bagel sandwiches.

I would melt butter, worsteshire, a little Italian dressing, and Tony's in a pan. Add chicken and sautee for about 20 minutes. The liquid would reduce to a real thick (almost crispy) coating on the chicken. Then I would melt some cheese on it. Put the chicken breast on a toasted bagel and you have a tasty late night meal.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Sounds delicious, but on a piece of Reisings or Leidenheimer. Light French bread is called for rather than a dense bagel so you don't shoot the chicken breast across the room on the first bite.:hihi:.

If I was Kylek's roommate...I'd add about six ounces of "mynez" to the mix...so he wouldn't steal it from me !!!!! :lol:.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

yep, no theivin would be happening from me!

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Moved out of the dorms for my junior year. We had a roommate who "cooked" this disgusting dish called "tuna-mac". He would prepare Kraft mac and cheese, and then dump a can of tunafish in the pot. That was one nasty dish.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I've tried it on various types of bread and I always liked the bagel personally. I kind of smash it down and it all sticks together with the melted cheese.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm gonna try that tomorrow after the breakfast rush dies down. I really like the way it sounds.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I live off of that... at it so much that I got kidney stones from the calcium...