Ole Miss Basketball Coach Fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

throw Mike Davis into the mix from reports that I have seen. Ole Piss paid him $600,000 per year.. might have to up the price of poker to get someone other than an unproven assistant or mid major coach.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I have heard all the reports about Kennedy, but none about Mike Davis and Ole Miss.

I think it would be a very good fit for Mike Davis. He is an SEC guy that recruits really well in the south. He has said that he wants to go to a school that doesnt have a whole lot of tradition (see why I think its a good fit) and build his own program.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I think cincy would be real stupid not to keep kennedy...hes done a heck of a job keeping that team together...on the otherhand i can see davis going to ole miss....that would seem to be a good fit.

4. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Looks like they have gone out and hired some sort of head hunter type firm to help with the search. I haven't heard of this before, but it is the same company that got Pearl to UT. Probably a good move by :eek:lefire: Based on their hiring of coach 0, they need all the help they can get.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060307/SPORTS030103/603070379

5. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

will be easy to attract a guy to a job that has the 12th worst facilities in a 12 team league. Also following up on a guy that played at Ole Miss, had great relationships with high school coaches in the state and whose team played harder than any team in the SEC day in and day out...

6. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Ahh... Ole Misserable!