Ole Miss Game Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

1. Marcus Randall showed some heart tonight. He could have easily got down on himself when Clausen was named the starter. Instead he got in there and did the best he possible could, which in this case was good enough to win.

2. Thank God for Norman Lejeune and Demitrius Hookfin. These guys saved our asses all night long. And I am not just talking about the interception in Hook's case, he made a touchdown saving tackle, and kept his man in check all night. As for Norman, I don't think he could have played a better last game in TS. Thanks for His 4 years of time and effort, I for one have truly enjoyed watching him.

3. Could you imagine what the score to this game would have been if Jack Hunt hadn't forgotten how to catch? Was it two or Three he let go? On the other hand, He is one tough cookie, and other than the drops, he played a pretty damn good ball game.

4. Am I the only one that thinks Toe is going to have to lose that pad on his arm if he wants to hold onto the ball? I may be wrong, but i think that damn thing may have had something to do with the fumble.

5. It just isn't fair. Devery Henderson has worked his ass off all season long and developed into our second best receiver. The guys lays out sacraficing his body, gets hit, and still holds onto the ball even though when he landed he broke his arm. Most guys would have dropped that ball when they hit the ground. Pissed me off that he got hurt, but thank god he had the toughness to hang on.

6. If you ask me the MVP for this game goes to Cameron Vaughn. (Don't take this the wrong way), If Vaughn doesn't lay in to ole Eli like he did, this may have been a different game. I sure do not like to see anyone get hurt, but Manning was hitting everything before that hit.

I guess that is it for now, i'll watch the game again later and will surely come up with some more comments.

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

More Ramblings on my part.

I agree with your comments, Chose. It's hard to say that I wish Manning hadn't got hurt, cuz I don't want anyone to get hurt, but..... I do believe Ole Miss was never the same after the sack on Manning. Randall is tough, still needs something, though. Clausen was an experience. Kinda of reminded me of how we had to start Rick Mattick at Center for the basketball team against Magic Johnson in 1979.

3. msully

msully Founding Member

???

Did the baby get here

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Nope not yet. Hehe

Now we are going to DEFCON 3 for Friday.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I tell you waht.

This is the 1st time ever that Doug Moreau has pissed me off. He was the freakin' Eli Manning Fan Club President. The guy could do no wrong. Let me say this. Eli Manning sucks. Absolutely sucks. Put ANY pressure on him and he folds like a cheap suit. At one point, he was 1-13 with an interception and he was on the full screen (I watch but listen to Hawthorne) constantly. Listen up people: Archie, Peyton and Eli have NEVER won a GD thing. Ever.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

LOL,

Yeah F*** Archie and his kids. LOL

Now we just have to wait for the stories to come out about some crazy LSU fans stalking the Manning Family after the game, then burning their car, while throwing bottles at them as they attempted to put out the fire.

Had we lost, I wouldn't be concerned, but everytime we win those "Bad Fans" stories start coming out like crazy.

7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I love it when LSU beats a Manning. If memory serves, we are 1-2 against Archie, 1-1 against Eli, & 0-0 gainst the rest of the clan. I'm tired of seeing 'em in the stands also.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

You know, Peyton Manning is revered as a god here in Tennessee. Even more so than Tee Martin (who led them to the National Title). Manning could come here and pee on Smokey and they'd probably blame Smokey for being in his way.

You're right to say they've never won a thing. Archie didn't get an SEC championship. Peyton got one SEC championship but never beat Florida. Eli, it appears, may not get an SEC championship, but at least he beat Florida.

WHY are people fascinated by the Mannings?

If Archie was so good, he should have been able to win with the Saints. Even as bad as they were.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Good post, Chosen One.

Very well thought out! Thanks.