Ole Miss loses to Wyoming 37-32

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Sep 25, 2004.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

C'mon. LSU tries to beat themselves against OSU. Play that game today and it looks like MSU or ASU. Even Trev said Ole Miss was the runt of the SEC. I still say that as a conference the SEC is the most dominate in football.

What do you mean depth. LSU, Allburnt, Bamma rebuilding but not out,Tenn, Jawja, Zook has something going at Florida. Show me another conference that goes 6 deep on beating up on each other and year to year you have to bring your "A" game.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I agree, the SEC is not as strong as it once was. :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I agree, but could easily state the same thing about the ACC and Big Ten conferences this season. UVA looks like the strongest team so far in the ACC and teams like Clemson, NC State, and Miami have looked like anything but worldbeaters. Big Ten sux this year.

Maybe parity is finally taking serious root......

4. philter

philter Founding Member

Big 12
    Big 10
    ACC

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

The Big 12 is absolutely horrid this year. Nebraska loses to Southern Miss at home, Texas A&M slaughtered by Utah, Fresno State destroys KState in Manhattan. SEC is down this year, but so are the other conferences.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

What was worse was MSU losing to Maine last week.... Now THAT's BAD!!!

I actually wasn't surprised to see Wyoming win....of course I'm saying that because it was Lee Corso that called it during Gameday. :D

Watching :eek:lefire: lose to Memphis and Wyoming and struggle vs Vandy (who lost to Navy this weekend), MSU's futility, 'Bama losing Croyle and then getting beat by an Arkansas team that has something like 17 new starters this year and was supposed to be in trouble, does little to convience me that anyone in the West can beat Auburn.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Fortunately they have some east games to play too.

8. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Interesting, tho. In one year, the west has weakened substantially. I don't understand Ole Miss. Yeah, they lost Eli, but I didn't think he made the entire team what it was. MSU, surprisingly, is even worse than they were last year. Feel rotten for Croom. The only two teams in the West who are even competent are us and Auburn, and frankly, we've yet to show that we are better than just competent.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Coach HEATHCLIFF has LIVED off of the Manning name for approximately ten years. He needs to apply to drive the limo for Peyton or Eli. I wonder just how many plays Eli did change at the line of scrimmage over his years at OM. When the cameras caught a picture of HEATHCLIFF congratulating Manning after a big play, he wasn't saying "good job." He was saying "THANK YOU. May I have a raise?" :rofl: :rofl:

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Point all the fingers you want to. I remember people laughing at LSU just like they are laughing at OM right now. Let's see. The days of Curly (w/o Larry and Moe) were pretty interesting. Seems like I remember some sorry ass cusa team from Hattiesburg coming into TS and kicking some Tiger butt. Then low and behold. Here we have the DeFarto years. His first year or two, LSU won some. Went to the Independence bowl (home of the rebs). Then LSU got slapped around like an unwanted stepchild. I remember OM with Duece kicking butt in BR. Eli's soph year when the rebs beat TOP TEN LSU. Curly in Jackson, Ms. What a joke LSU was then. I remember a certain coach for a certain team in BR that is located on Nicholson Drive, that had the nation's COACH OF THE YEAR IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. The next year, he lost his offensive coordinator, more games than the Tiger Nation liked, and then lost HIS job. And IMO, Jerry Stovall and Charlie McLendon are prime examples of what college football is supposed to be all about. Will OM be able to come back and rise to the heights LSU has? NO!!!! They have to out recruite MSU, USM, Jackson State, Mississippi Valley, Alcorn and all the other colleges that want any good player. They have to overcome the stigmatism that goes with the name of Mississippi. They are capable of good years once in a while. But dominating again???? I really don't think so. :dis: