Ole Miss/LSU Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SyrTiger, Feb 9, 2011.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I shouldn't have to start a thread this late into a rivalry game.

LSU @ Ole Miss

LSU 19
    Ole Miss 13

10:00 left in the first half.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Just tuned in, Derenbecker is lighting it up by LSU standards. Hope we can hang on.

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

It wasn't a bad effort. Stringer is still too wildly inconsistent. Turner and Warren both looked good, which is great because they are both coming off injuries. Derenbecker and Turner will be 2 tough guards to handle once they get some size and speed to go along with their jump shots.

I don't have much to complain about. For the most part everyone played well except Stringer. He's gotta learn what being a point guard is. If he watched Levance Fields ever on Pitt, I would hope he could somehow become a similar PG. Someone that can get a high assist/turnover ratio while having the range to hit tough shots when he's open. He still cannot get into his head that just because he can shoot from far away doesn't mean he has to.

4. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

just a hunch but next year Stringer will not be a PG, so i think you will see some growth out of him and better play because he wont be asked to be something he simply isn't. He is just a really short 2 guard that we are trying to get by with at the 1 due to his size, speed, and athletic ability. As for our PG next year it will be Issac if he catches on as quick as I believe he will. Next years starting 5 will probably look like this:
    PG - Issac
    SG - Turner
    SF - Derenbecker
    PF - J. O'Bryant
    C - White/Hamilton
    I could also see Warren or Green starting at Center, I think it all depends on JOB's style of play.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

That would be great if he could play like Levance Fields. I think Stringer is a much better shooter than he has shown. When you constantly shoot from that far out, it kills your confidence. It also throws off your form. It's kind of like when baseball players struggle after the homerun derby. I don't mind if he shoots a lot of threes. Just don't shoot them from so far and so early in the shot clock.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I would have started the thread but I was at my son's game watching the varsity beat the #2 team in the state. :D

I watched most of the second half. They played well, well enough to win. I feel bad for them. They are working hard but coming up oh so short. It's coming though. You can see it. Just keep fighting.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah no shame in playing the way they've played in the last couple games. Learning how to finish is the last, and hardest, step for a young team to take.

No such thing as moral victories of course, but W/L record doesn't really matter either at this point. Just gotta look at the positives and hope they can learn from these close losses.