Ole Miss-LSU Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olemiss47, Nov 18, 2003.

1. olemiss47

olemiss47 Freshman

Thanks SpringTiger-- I didn't know if anyone would get my reference to the infamous 1972 17-16 game. I have watched the Rebels this year and I saw LSU play Alabama and I think LSU just has too many horses on offense and defense. We have Eli, a great field goal kicker, and a good group of receivers, but everywhere else we are pretty good or average. We have had a good run in the SEC this year, so I think this team, although not overly talented, does have some "kharma" about it. I just don't see us beating LSU--- in fact I see a 42-6 score-- but strange things do happen and the best team doesn't always win and maybe the Rebels have a great game in them. I'll have my heart in my throat everytime Mauck drops back to pass. Ole Miss has scored on its first possession in 8 straight games-- if the Tigers can get a 3 and out on the Rebels first drive , I think that may set the tone. Good luck to you...

2. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Like I have said since after the second game. I don't think any team can put more than 17 points on the board against us. I know I know Florida put 19. Congrats to the Gators for catching us on an off day.

And just like I've said before, Ole Miss fans who say we haven't played anyone yet and that they are the true test. Thats exactly what Arkansas will be saying after this weekend.

Ole Miss 10
    LSU 45

3. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Ole Miss is a much better football team than Auburn or Bama.
    I just hope this isn't another florida debacle.

We don't need to take them lightly as the King says one game at a time!

4. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

Ole Miss is not better than Auburn

They were lucky a dropped pass in the endzone gave them the victory over Auburn. We pounded them, so I think LSU is head and shoulders the best team and will win going away again because LSU is focused and determined. We are loaded.

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

THIS IS GOING TO GET NASTY

LSU 42
    OLE MISS 10

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Re: THIS IS GOING TO GET NASTY

NASTY was Ronnie Estay and the rest of the Bullwhip bunch chasing another manning around ... lol.

LSU 61- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - lil wiss 17

7. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

8. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

You're welcome, 47. You are a gracious and reasonable opposing team fan poster and welcome on this board anytime as far as I'm concerned. Sure, I got your reference right away - and it cracked me up. I was at that game, in the South end zone, where the Tigers scored the go ahead TD. This series has had some classics. Do you remember the game in which Ole Miss won on a last second field goal on which they got a "do over?" The final may have been something like 24-22? Ole Miss first missed the field goal, but there was a penalty so they got another chance. The rub was that the penalty was on Ole Miss. But it was a dead ball foul of some sort, like false start, so the first kick didn't count. I'm thinking this was in the early 80s. I was, of course veeeerry disappointed. But, I recall that my grandmother, with whom I was watching the game and who was a huge LSU booster, was livid. She couldn't (or refused to) understand the nature of the infraction and thought that was just the most ludicrous thing in the world that Ole Miss was given a second chance at the field goal. Her contention was that the officials had it out for LSU and cheated them, etc. Of course, that was not the case (I think!). Anyone else remember this game?