Omaha - Home of the Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jun 10, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

lsu99 you make an excellent point. To be very honest it is much more with Aggies then UT fans.

People always ask me, Are you a Texan. I say no I just live there.

For you Texans here spare me the "Well Interstates are free" comment. I have heard it already. Trust me I am coming home as soon as I can. But it appears my company chose to hire me from Louisiana as opposed to finding "Local Talent" go figure.
    I like Texas, I like Dallas, I am not a Texan, I was moved here with a Job.
    I have been here 10 years and look forward to every trip back home.

Louisiana - Those are my people, who share my colors, we are a proud group, and should be. I have no friends here except people from Louisiana. We stick together.
    For the record, I dont really look down on Ole Miss and them. Its like a family squabble, sure we bicker in the yard, but when some outsider comes in. We stick together.

I will say it again, give me Auburn any day over A&M (and recently UT)

2. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

Texastigers,

I disagree. In all honesty, most Aggies I know hold repect for LSU. I read hornfans, when my stomach allows, and those guys do that to everybody. The cursing, name calling, etc. is inappropriate. You would think they invented college football, baseball, etc.

Trust me, ALOT more Aggies like LSU than you think. As a matter of fact, I am interviewing at LSU for fall graduate admissions. I have been to several LSU sporting events and pull for you guys regularly.

Texas fans will always be Texas fans. Nevertheless, not all are bad. I think the ones most vocal have never been to Austin. Drive to SWT in San Marcos...you would think you get a UT auto sticker with your acceptance to SWT!

No flames are intended...just my 2 cents. I am really hoping to become an official Tiger soon!!!

3. TexasTigers

I appreciate your feedback, I am basing this on several threads on texags.com. Some of them insult the entire state of Louisiana.
    I dont go there anymore. We have not played A&M in 10 years I think it just seems if i go there to read about the Fran situation there are at least two threads titled "LSU fans at their finest" or one I read that said "Louisiana is full of nothing but drunk inbred pieces of trash and that entire state needs to fall into the gulf"
    I did not make that up, come to talk football and they call your entire family and heritage trash...
    Also I am not saying we dont have our bad fans who do nothing productive.
    Oh well it is sort of stupid anyway to make issue of it. I sound like a 2 year old.
    I was just pointing out its hard to find on these boards a UT fan or A&M fan that simply insults you the whole time.

Both of you have basically proved me wrong..

4. Orange Tiger

Orange Tiger Founding Member

I would agree with you if the violation had involved players on the field. The asterisk would be unfair to the players who determined the outcome of the games. The violation was a volunteer coach was paid for work he did not do at a bottling plant.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Its funny that people from Texas have the gull to talk about anybody. Texas is the butthole of the cpuntry. Its too bad a nice town like Austin has to be in Tx, and have crappy UT in it.

6. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

Actually I liked Texas(the state) when I lived in Ft. Worth for four years. As far as sports when not cheering for LSU I adopted the Oklahoma Sooners as my Big 12 team. I knew a lot of UT , A&M, and OU fans and the OU fans treated me and LSU sports with the most respect. TCU fans didnt like me either

If I had to move back to Texas I would hope it would be to Ft. Worth or close by.

7. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

I have also found the OU fans very respectful.

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Try living in Austin!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have a number of friends from Louisiana who are now living in Texas. Every single one of them hates it when I jokingly refer to them as Texans. The last time I was in Texas I inadvertantly was dragged into a so called "Cajun Restaurant" Believe it or not boiled crawfish were $7.50 a pound. Surprisingly the mudbugs were actually really good. I talked the the owner of the place and it turned out that he is from Lafayette. He must be making a killing. Makes me want to open a Cajun Restaurant in Texas.

10. TexasTigers

Please do, here Cajun means sprinkel some Cayenne on a piece of Chicken. There Cajun

However there are several "Brothers" here in the DFW area that have been dragged here for one reason or another that have opened up great eatin places of seafood stores.

For example I do all my meat and seafood shopping at Bayou Boys in Lewisville. They are huge LSU fans and are from home. They fly Crawfish in for us. Great guys we talk LSU all the time.

Nates on Midway is pretty good, that may have been where you went.
    Doodies and others as well.
    The key is, if you walk in and see LSU stuff everywhere, your good. For example Ivy's Bayou Bistro in Plano. He also is from home and a huge LSU fan.

However avoid like the plague Razoo's (Sucks) and Papadeaux. Although papadeaux is actually not that bad.

AS far as crawfish goes in this town. I found its best to bust out my rig and do it myself.

Geaux Tigers.