Omaha - Home of the Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jun 10, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

One last thing Joes Crab shack is vile....
    It is similar to eating the McCajun Chicken Sandwich at McDonalds.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No kidding. That place gives seafood restaurants a bad name. Personally, when in Dallas, I stay away from seafood. Del Friscos and III Forks are my places of choice (when on expense account). Never had a bad hunk of beef at either place. Del Friscos has a great cigar bar. Problem is, you can't smoke in there anymore.

3. TexasTigers

Try the Butcher shop in the West End or Bobs Steak and Chophouse. As good as those places for a slab of American Beef.

(be sure you have an expense account)

However my favorite place in Dallas (I got engaged there) is a seafood (Not Cajun) place called Daddy Jacks. However the only one to go is the one on Lower Greenvile (The rest is just the selling of the name sort of like Ralph and Kacoos)
    ONLY go to the one on LowerGreenvile. That is the original and still has the original chef.

Seriously the Pasta Special and Lobster Bisque is fantastic.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've been to the Butcher Block(?). That's where you can cook your own. Also been to Bob's. Both are excellent. Never tried the Chophouse. I'll check out Daddy Jack's next time I'm in Big D.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

You guys have made me hungry!!!!!!!!!!

6. TexasTigers

Yeh but I never cook it myself, whats the point...

Bob steaks and chophouse is the same place.

One other fantastic place for red meat is Tenyana in Las Colinas they specialize in Exotic meat. For example you can have buffalo deer, and wild boar etc etc.

Really great place.

7. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

I thought Pappadeaux's was okay.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I ate at a Papadeaux's in Houston once and the food wasn't bad but I ordered some crab cakes and when they were served they had salsa all over them. I like salsa on Mexican food but leave if off my seafood.

9. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I go to Angelinas in The Colony. Very, very good Tex Mex. I go to New Orleans for seafood.

10. occstud

occstud Freshman

Guys, I am a senior at A&M and love the place to death. I love College Station and a ton of things about the school itself. However, I am a first generation Aggie. I grew up in Dallas but most of my family is from Lake Charles. Parents went to McNeese and dad got masters from LSU. Many family members went to LSU. I bleed purple and gold. I can promise you that the majority of Aggies have great respect for the Tigers. I agree with the poster who made a comment concerning Hornfans and the pompous, degrading, and filthy talk that goes on in those forums. That site unfairly portrays the majority of Longhorn fans.