On-Campus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Crackle

Crackle Founding Member

They talked to me about a dorm called Beauregard which was undergoing construction today, so, maybe that is what is replacing Power dorm. I would think a present student would be able to tell you better than me.

I think I am going to attend law school at LSU after college. If so, I will spend the next 7 years there. I am worrying about the independence though, I think I might go crazy with no parents or rules.

Lata,
    Crackle

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

You are about to experience the best 7 years of your life and if I were you, I would stretch it to 8. I will give you the same advice that I give all college students working for my business, if you can afford to (money and hours ) do not go to summer school. I went to school every summer and to this day regret it. You will never, ever again in your life be that age and have such freedom. Without question, live on campus at least a year. It is a great way to become part of campus life and feel close to LSU. Best of luck to a future Tiger.

3. Crackle

Crackle Founding Member

I won't be attending summer school. I think I want to stay there as long as possible; enjoying every second that I can. I have loved LSU since I was old enough to comprehend it's existance. My room is lined with LSU border, two LSU pennants, a Shaq poster, an LSU football poster, an LSU poster board, an LSU rug, a couple LSU hats, and an LSU light switch. I think I made my mind up a long time ago to attend this college. I just don't understand, with TOPS and all, why some of my friends choose other, smaller schools to attend. I guess they have their reasons, as do I, but I wish I could convince more that the experience that I am expecting is more important than being within driving distance from home to class. ( I'm from LaPlace. )

Lata,
    Crackle

4. pattonquad

pattonquad Founding Member

I think I am going to attend law school at LSU after college.

Crackle,
    You've made an excellent choice. While it has been many years since I attended LSU, the memories are still fresh and enjoyable. I have only one small piece of advice--Don't be so quick to declare your future. The years you are about to enter are very formative and you will mature and evolve exponentially. What may seem a logical choice to you now may not be in four years. Keep an open mind, study hard, but play hard.

5. Crackle

Crackle Founding Member

Your right. I've been told many times to keep my mind open and to look at different fields of interest. I will. I was intent on going into the computer science field at the beginning of my Junior year. Now, I want to go to law school and become a civil lawyer. This may change, possibly, so I have to do a lot of research and ask lots of questions concerning my schedule. I don't want to go all Businees or Sociology and then end up changing my mind again. Maybe law school won't even interest me in four years like you said; I just want to have the right curriculum and knowledge to be able to make confident, reliable choices.

Lata,
    Crackle

P.S. - Sorry to the thread starter for steering completely away from your original intent.

6. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Adam S. He became SRA of East. Very nice guy.

LSU demolished Power Hall during the Summer/Fall of 1996 and was replaced by the East Campus Apartments, which were finished at the beginning of 1999. Most of the male athletes who lived on campus moved from Broussard. The majority of the athletes living in ECA were not a good fit with the regular students who lived in ECA. As much as I love LSU athletics, there were some major jerks with huge egos. It's one thing to cheer for these people. It's another to have to live with them. Of course, there were exceptions, and many of the athletes were civil, polite, and friendly. LSU recently finished building the West Campus Apartments, so maybe that will become the rowdy athlete living space.