On our OSU boards

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ReaganEden, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ReaganEden

ReaganEden Founding Member

This was left by one of more respected moderators of a highly popular fan forum:

[​IMG] Lurking LSU Fans
    Just my opinion:

You may be getting a coach that has without fail left every coaching position he's been in better off than when he got it.

As much as we hate to admit it, OSU is No. 2 in the state, and it's an uphill battle every year to have a sucessful program. Not to mention recruiting in Texas vs. Texas, OU, A&M, Tech, and other national programs. Same can be said for our overall record playing in the same division as those teams.

Our defensive woes are the result of taking a gamble on a gimmick defense brought in specifically to slow OU down. It proved not to be as effective as we had hoped.

If Miles decides to go to LSU, coupled with a maturing class of outstanding players, you should compete for national championships right away. You'll be getting a very good coach.

Feel free to register and ask questions if you have any.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Thanks for the info. Too bad both of our schools had to go through this coaching ordeal at all.

If Miles is indeed our next head coach, best of luck to the Cowboys in finding a replacement. I hope you continue your success vs OU and would like to see that expand into beating Texas a little more often (I've got a good friend that is a huge UT fan....drives me nuts :D)

3. ReaganEden

ReaganEden Founding Member

We have our next HC. A certain big booster made Miles hire him when Miles was hired. We will be fine. You guys will be great. Miles will thrive in that environment. As I have said before, treat him well, he will treat you better. You got a great coach and motivator.