On Saturday, we're all Bulldogs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 10, 2010.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that ALL Vegas sports books have taken GA-AU off the board. The only books that have it still up, according to this story, are off-shore.

Cam Newton Effect: Georgia-Auburn dropped in Las Vegas | Jeff Schultz

2. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

this whole Cam Newton thing is beginning to look a lot more serious than it did last week. I know there's been some new allegations but this issue with Vegas taking it off the table seems a bit serious. Vegas is in the business to MAKE money, and if they see reason to stop the action on this game, then I wonder who knows what!

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Or...they don't know anything. They're in the money making bidness, and they like known quantities. Too risky, this game.

4. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

I will pull for Auburn to lose, but I refuse to pull for UGA to win!

2 people like this.
  5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Good one!

6. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

There you go. The books want the bets split 50/50, and they make their money on the vig. They hate unknowns. But I think people made a mistake jumping on the Dawgs at +8.5.

I really think that Newton will play, and that Auburn will make this an Eff You game, winning something like 49-20. I'd love for Ga. to win, but I just can't see it.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Vegas is cautious, if they feel there is an unknown element to a game that could effect the outcome they will pull it until they have information that answers their concern.

Not knowing the status of Cam, at this point, is a big concern for them. His presence in a game is a 10-14 pt swing, at least. Too risky for them to put it up without knowing if he will play or not. As soon as AU announces he is or isn't playing no ifs ands or buts they will put it back up.

8. richieleone

richieleone Freshman

How many Tiger fans will be screaming for the Georgia Bulldogs this Saturday?

Nobody cares about Cam Newton's diminished Heisman odds, the real story is who competes for (hopefully the FINAL) BCS title. The NCAA will not vacate Auburn's victories in time to put LSU in the SEC championship without which we cannot jump all teams. If the NCAA rules against Auburn after this season it is irrelevant to LSU's national title hopes. That said our only chance is the Georgia Bulldogs. If Auburn wins this Saturday's game, even a devastating loss in the iron bowl puts them in the SEC championship game. Without those bonus extra game points LSU CANNOT jump Boise, TCU and Auburn in the BCS ratings. Of course if CAL beats Oregon (unlikely) it makes things interesting but still academic. If Auburn loses to bama AND loses SEC championship the top 2 finishers between Oregon, TCU and Boise still probably finish ahead of LSU. GEAUX NCAA and GEAUX Bulldogs!

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

If TCU wins out ..... and LSU wins out ... Boisy will be ranked below LSU. Style points and all, Boisy just does not have the strength of scedule to top LSU in the computer polls. If LSU wins out and beats Arky .. I don't see Boisy topping LSU in the human polls either.

Boisy will just have to whine for another year that they got screwed. Until they step up into some significant play, they will continue to be viewed as a powerhouse in a weak conference, who've yet to be tested. VT, the highest ranked team they've played [#10 at the time] has dropped to #20, Oregon State has dropped out of rankings. That leaves Nevada, currently ranked #21.

The only thing that could save Boisy is for TCU to lose a game. The BCS is obligated to put one of them in the NC if undefeated and one of Oregon or AU gets a loss.

10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Instead of popcorn might I recommend some Death Valley grass with Cane's saushe?