On to Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

I think this will be a very good game, but right now LSU is just playing better than anyone in the west. I think there defense is for real. I think with Carnell being out Brown and Cambell would have to have the game of their lives for AU to come out on top. I won't say its not possible, but its very doubtful.

2. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

The way I see it, the only real advantage that we have over LSU is the home field. I think that difference will be enough to keep the game close but I still think that LSU will win in the end.

LSU - 20
    AU - 17

It will be more like 32 - 7. We'll help you give Tubby his walking papers.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Chuck I agree with your assessment of this game. I was shocked to see what Arkansas did to the Auburn defense. I have watched Auburn several times and I have always been impressed with the physical play and the athleticism of your defense. The passes completed against your DBs have had to be on target because your DBs always seem to be glued to the receivers. Your linebackers are big, physical and athletic.
    If Randall is the real deal we will know after this weekend. If Randall can play as he did vs SC then the West is ours.
    I think Auburn's problem has been leadership on offense. No one besides Cadillac has been able to make big plays and teams who could stop him could beat Auburn.
    Last week vs Florida it appeared that Auburn was a beaten team until Cadillac was injured. His injury seemed to motivate the entire team and they outplayed Florida for the rest of the game. I didn't see the second half but from reading the Auburn board, Tubby must have made a couple of bone head coaching decisions that ended in costing you the game.
    I expect to see a very even, hard fought game, unless there is some bad breaks/turnovers by one team. It is at the point in the season where all teams have a lot of dings and bruises so injurys could determine the outcome.

4. AUTigers

AUTigers Freshman

JetStorm,

His replacement, Ronnie Brown, rushed for 163 yards and three touchdowns, one on a 54 yard reception. He also had a two point conversion. In other words, he scored 20 of Auburn's 23 points and had over 200 yards of total offense

To be correct, Jason Campbell scored both of our two point conversions. Brown diddnt get one..

WDE!!!!!!!

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Although I think Cadillac was the most amazing back in the SEC this year (And last)

His loss seemed to hurt little. Very similar to us losing Teaux only to feed them a little Double D.

Geaux Tigers.