On to other business... Crowton.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 11, 2011.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I agree, but unlike most, I would say our issue in the front 7. Why, well I feel comfortable in our secondary MINUS HATCHER. LOL.

It seems that we have been lacking in the DL spot for a few years, yea drake was Awsome, but he didnt have much help if he had an average game.

We need the D line guys and LB's to step up BIG this year....

Secondary is legit....

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the program is on cruise control. all it needs is a manager. keep recruiting, and no more bat**** episodes like the om and tenn games for a while. and always make sure the qb position has at least one scholarship backup qb that is not a fr.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think you're right. I believe, especially with an established passer like Mettenberger on board, he'll be given another chance to show improvement.

Actually, I just want consistency. Rarely do you see one program with a top 10 offense AND top 10 defense. If you have a top 10 offense, you're scoring a boat-load and usually most of your drives a quick-strike thereby putting your defense back on the field and ultimately, your opponent ends up accumulating yardage themselves. So, I stand by the addage: Offense wins games but defense wins championships. So, if I had to pick, I'd want a top 10 defense (but still be happy with a top 15).

Realistically, if LSU has an offense that ranks somewhere in the 40's (I like a averages of 200-250 passing/game and 150-160 rushing/game) with a top 15 defense, I think we'd all be pretty happy with that.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I won't say much because a bunch of speculation right now but I stick by what a said a couple of months ago that Crowton will step down (the nice way to say it). I was told by a good source a while back that unless something drastic happens this will be the case.

Did Crowton save his job or did all this Miles stuff but it on the backburner? I don't think so.

Rumors are spiking right now on the subject right now and even rumors of internal promotion which I am not a big fan of right now. I am speaking Gonzales but it could happen because he is going to be an OC somewhere soon.

QB coach hire is also being thrown around which could work with BG keeping the WR duties along with OC.

If I get more on the subject that I can trust I will let yall know. I am hoping for a new OC outside of LSU who is known for coaching QBs as well.

1 person likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Were this to happen I'd be downright giddy about next season.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The ship? Would that be the lollipop? the Love Boat perhaps? Fantasy maybe? USS Ronald Reagan? Now that would be cool, I'd love to see that thing.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Me too LSU-I-Like

I defend Miles because...If winning is everything, then a winning record is everything. The head coach, I judge by the W/L record.

I judge Crowton on the offensive stats over the long haul...and it's not pretty. But IF there's a longer haul in store for Crowton...so be it.

Geaux Tigers !!

(By the way, I think Alleva dodged a huge bullet today.)

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

ya know guys I must be in the minority here but I can see us bringing this thread up mid season next year and every one is frustrated and ready to get rid of crowton and second guessing the idea to keep miles. I'm not saying keeping miles is a bad idea, however I am saying if miles keeps crowton then that would be a severe mistake. He has done very little to develop any QB nor has he shown any sign of the "genius" he was made out to be. Very simple example, what would stop him to put jj and jl out on the field at the same time? I have been done w/ crowton and stud for the last 2 years. I don't expect to see anything different than we have seen for the last 2 years. Nothing has changed nothing will be different. Yea I am a downer today, I know.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, this is what I recall you eluding to a while back, and is why I have been questioning others saying CGC is staying. I think the storm is settling now that the bowl season is over, and this latest swell of whether CLM would leave for UM is settled, I maintain this is the time CLM would make a move. Also, NFL teams not in the playoffs are in slow down mode, so someone like SLogan can make a change more easily. This is the target and may really push us into the NC hunt annually with the recruiting we have enjoyed.

10. roynav

roynav free your mind