"once a runt always a runt"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Eleven, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

hahahaha, that was the best thing Trev has ever said (maybe the only good thing).

if you missed it...Trev Alberts just compared ole miss to the "runt of the litter". you can give them an Eli, a decent running game, and a defense that can get to the QB, but at the end of the day....the runt is still the runt.

hilarious...nothing we didnt already know though

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Yeah, that talking-head session was the most love for LSU I have heard tonight. The game day crew had pretty much jumped onto USC as if they were the next coming of the 2001 Miami team. The slobering was embarrasing. I think that talking heads in the studio probably have a better idea that this BCS crap isn't overwith yet...

3. definitely the only good thing he's said

:D

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL

Ditto

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I almost had respected the gameday crew and now they are spewing this USC propaganda. They have no idea what is going to happend with the bcs computer rankings. If we win out, which I dunno if we will, then it should show our SOS should be alot better than USCs.

6. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

If we win out and so does SC, I think you will see a lot of these talking heads throwing their support behind LSU and it's schedule. The few things through the years that has hurt PAC-10 teams in the BCS is SOS, how they constantly throw the PAC-10 in with the weaker of the BCS conferences, and the lack of a PAC-10 conference title game. It is exactly what hurt Oregon, and it will be the thing that hurts SC if we can win out.

I say let the "experts" talk all they want right now about SC. I hope they wear Trojan helmets and sing the fight song before every commercial break on ESPN . . . b/c after the SECCG, they will all be backing the Tigers and their SOS along with having the chance to play in a conferece title game. They will start saying how LSU deserves it b/c they had to play an extra game and how our schedule was tougher. And SC will be wondering where all the support went pointing to month old articles about cajun food.

The only thing that upsets me is how they called Ole Miss a runt. Any team in Div 1 playing in a BCS conference with only 2 losses and ranked 15 in the country is no runt. If Ole Miss is a runt, what the hell is UCLA (a team with a losing record, unranked, and lost 5 straight to SC)?

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

UCLA and the pac 10 is a joke. Just think Uof Az and ASU play this Friday. I bet they dont get 30k in a 76k stadium. who cares not even the locals.

8. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

I think Trev was calling the Rebs a "runt" because they haven't won the SEC is 18 million years.

He said something about "give 'em a good QB, give 'em a good coach, and they'll still screw it up, cause they're a runt". I don't think he meant they are a bad team, just that they can't get their sh*t together enough to actually win the whole thing.

9. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Yeah, i thought it was funny, but still hidden hits at LSU, think about it, he is saying they wernt that good to begin with. So we didn't beat a good team then.

10. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Trev Aholeberts is a mental runt. I hate the ...