One more reason to kill the ACLU

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jul 8, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Damn...must be a b!tch to be 19 and have given up already, huh?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Do you feel better now? Does everyone who sends you an email get subjected to this incessant whining? I imagine you have been removed from a lot of mailing lists.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno why you say i am whining when i said repeatedly i enjoy your lies and it amuses me to see you be so irresponsible with the truth when it fits your agenda.

one time a friend of mine sent me an email that said for every person that forwards it, some sick child somewhere got a dollar from some corporation that was donating based on how far the email went. i explained to my friend the nature of email forwards, and that they were mostly not true. unlike you, he learned immediately. for some reason you are unwilling to admit it when you spread lies.

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

"Ok, my last word. I never said it was true. I just passed it along."
    Nice crawfish job there SF. All anybody has to know that you DEFINITELY considered it true and posted it as such is to know your past posts and political views. But then I guess assuming that would be like everyone assumed my "goosestepping" remark was a comparison of W to Hitler and thus unfair, right?

I tell ya, I have never seen so many people claim to love America and yet hate so many truly American things! You people want Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press but you want it for only those things you agree with. You want Freedom of Religion but you don't want to allow Freedom FROM Religion! You don't minding suspending the Constitutional rights of others (so-called racial profiling) to benefit your safety but you'll be damned if you'll suspend your constitutional rights (gun control) for the safety of others.

You hate unions, which is the only thing that the common working man has going for him. How any common working man can hate the unions is beyond me. We have the unions to thank for the 5 day 40 hr. work week. employer provided health care, paid vacations, paid overtime ( which the Bush administration has not only cut but actually advised companies on how to screw those still eligible out of it) and last but not least a minimum wage!!

You want people to be working and self supporting yet you oppose people making a half decent wage in order to do so. You wonder why we have so much crime and so many broken families yet you oppose even the simplest of social programs to help with this problem. You don't want kids having babies (and abortions) yet you oppose the very programs designed to prevent this.

You hate the ACLU, an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights, YOUR RIGHTS, because it defends things you don't agree with. For instance flag burning. Are you so ignorant that you can't see that an amendment banning the burning of the American flag as a protest would be a greater desecration of that flag and what it stands for than the act of burning it?

You hate people such as Michael Moore because he performs not only his right but his DUTY as an American citizen to question our leaders and make them accountable to us, the people they are supposed to be serving, for the consequences of their policies and actions. You may not like the way he does it or agree with what he says (which by the way I disagree with quite a lot of) but you should thank God he's out there doing it and ABLE TO DO IT in a free society.

You claim to be Christians and proclaim about how this is a "Christian" nation yet you hate everything Christ preached and stands for-compassion, tolerance, forgiveness, peace, love and sacrifice. And speaking of this subject, I have been criticized and told more than once that I don't know what Christianity is. So please will one or more of you good Christians tell me what is expected of us in our daily lives. Just exactly how are we supposed to behave in order to live a Christ-like life?

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Uh, Mr. Pot, have you met Mr. Kettle?

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Well, golly gee, I don't know about anybody else around here, but I just have to bow to your superior morality. I'm just not worthy to be on the same planet with you, O Enlightened One...much less the same forum.

I don't know about all the rest...but I can tell you this: the Christians I know
    aren't self-righteous, pontificating windbags who do exactly what they
    condemn others for, i.e., criticizing anybody who doesn't share their point of view. So stick that in your bong and toke on it for a while.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I didn't even read most of Cotton Bowl, er, Mike 69's post. Didn't have to.
    I'm going to say this only one more time. This is an internet forum, not a journalistic enterprise. If I passed along an untruth, big F****** deal. Frankly, if it's negative to the ACLU (or Michael Moore for that matter), I'm posting it and you morality queens out there can judge for yourselves whether it's true. I am not an editor assigned to check facts and document sources. It's a freakin football forum and I'm here to have a little fun. So, please, STFU and move on. Jeez, Mike 69. Get a freakin' job already.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

it isnt "if". you did. you spread lies to further your agenda, and then admit it in clinton-esque style ,"i never said it was true."

why ever argue about anything if you are just going to use lies to back your side? seems pointless, unless your goal is to make me laugh at you.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have to admit that unless martin posted what he did, I would have believed the initial post made by SabanFan.

I despise the ACLU, and something along those lines of what was reported I would easily believe.

I don't need urban legend to hate the ACLU, they commit enough attrocities on their own to warrant my disdain.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

weird, sabanfan never said it was true.

of course you believe it! that is why it is so irresponsible. but sabanfan refuses to admit he misleads us with lies. he sounds like michael moore with his claims that he only puts information out there and lets you decide.

a while back he posted the fake hillary clinton stuff. it was very painful for me to remind him that it wsas almost surely made up. telling the truth can be a real burden when the lies are bad things about hillary, and in sabanfan's case, the ACLU.

people love to spread and believe lies, and have incredibly low standards for what they believe. if they like it, they will believe it and pass it on. christianity for instance.