One More Thought About the Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

This question popped in my head the other day and I wanted to get some opinions on it.

J-Lee has shown that he may be ready to be a solid SEC QB...we all know this.

The coaching staff doesn't seem to care, because they are continuing to try to resurrect our dead duck QB in Jefferson.

What if JJ suddenly wakes back up and finds his mojo? Will Lee be relegated back to the depths of the bench? Would that be the right thing to do? Would it be fair?

Thoughts?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Unfortunately, I think you already know the answer.

This should have been done from the moment Jarrett Lee healed from the injury he suffered against Ole Miss. He should have been allowed to try and earn his position back. He had as good a freshman year as could have been asked, with no running game, and a horrible non LSU defense. The pick sixes were not all his fault, some balls were tipped, and some went off our receivers hands, and some of those guys should have been tackled.

But they thought Jefferson was the next RP. And it hasn't turned out that way.

But yes, I think if Jefferson has a career game, then Lee will go back to being just a guy who will go in if Jefferson gets hurt.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Here's a question if lee has a career day and throws for 330 yards and3 td's will he be named starter if jj plays as he has recently

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Unless one of em' all-of-a-sudden turns into a world beater, I think LSU is gonna run a two-quarterback system. I think Miles is such a good guy, a "player's coach" as some would call it, that he doesn't have the heart to totally bench a QB. That can turn out to be really good or really bad. We shall see.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

He really benched JLee in '08. JJ is different for some reason.

JJ would have to play better than he has at any point in this year to earn back a 100% of snaps kind of role. Even if he returned to how he was against a UNC team without half it's defense. . .I don't think it'd be enough. JLee has simply played better than JJ has at ANY point this season.

But heck, this is Miles we're talking about. One good game by JJ and Lee might be back to waterboy duty.

6. LaSalleAve

to be honest dude, i think he is trying to protect Jefferson from what Lee went through in 08, however, i think he is making it worse. If Jefferson ends up losing games for us, he is going to be flamed even more than Lee was in my opinion.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

well let's not go as far to say lee didn't deserve any blame in 08.

anyone here actually watch the la tech game last yr? when lee stepped in at bama?

lee is the better qb in 2010 which is great since that's the year we're currently in but don't let this year's opinion and performance alter history.

8. LaSalleAve

I gotta give him a pass for that one. Think about what this kid went through, how he was hated, how he got put in against Alabama and couldn't get it done, then has to come back against Tech and you know that Miles and Company limited the playbook, it was a no win situation. If he would have come out and thrown for 250 with 4 td's, well, it was Tech we were playing.

He does deserve some blame for some bad performances, but to be honest with you, i really don't know why we were so hard on him, me included. He was asked to climb Mt. Everest in shorts and with no ropes.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Wasn't it more of an injury that facilitated Lee's move to the bench in 2008?

10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The difference is, Lee was a RSF QB who was the Scout Team QB for Pelini the year prior to starting. He wasn't even involved in LSU's offensive scheme until after that year. He was no where near ready to start.

Jefferson is a Junior and 2nd year starter. He SHOULD be ready to start and be a leader by now. Jefferson will get flamed but Miles will get flamed far worse because HE was the one who had Jefferson in the game when we clearly have another, better, option.