One More Thought About the Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

If Jefferson were to miraculously discover a useful throwing motion and vision and rapport with his receivers, and translate that into 200 yards of passing, 60% completions, and a > 2:1 TD/Int ratio, then Jefferson would be the starter.

Les wants a QB who can run. And there's at least one other reason Les doesn't want Lee starting. I don't know what it is.

BL: If Jefferson does something impossible, he would be the starter for Miles and Crowton.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think last year and the beginning of this year CLM and GC have been trying to bring out the guy that was the player of the game in the Ga Tech bowl game. But it's not happening. It's still an evolving situation, but I expect Lee to more snaps depending on the situation.

Another way to look at it is JJ starts so that JL can observe the defense and prepare for his shot. Just wondering.

But nobody seems to be bored, and it is supposed to be for entertainment purposes - right?:D

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I think that is the correct answer

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Miles is trying to make jj into the player cam is. They want him to run like cam. He doesn't have it in him because of his passing ability. If jj could pass at least as good as jl he would be the qb crowton needs to run this offense. The problem is that crowton refuses to modify what he wants to do. Instead of playing to the strength of what he's got he is trying to make them what he wants them to be. Jj is not cam and you can't change him into something he's not

5. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

but I thought they did "dumb down" or simplify the offense for JJ, which is NOT a good sign. He has the arm strength but lacks touch; but the more serious deficiency is decision making with the passing plays.

JL still has lots to learn and improve on; he should have been groomed and put in games much earlier this season:cuss: At this stage, he's the best bet; I like his mental toughness, fighting and team spirit:thumb: I seem to notice that this year, unlike the 2008 season, JL comes onto the field more crisp and in better rhythm, unlike the "molasses" like feel in 2008.