One thing I find very interesting about those complaining about an ALL-SEC NC game ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jan 3, 2018.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

y'all should know by now that vball brings it everytime...where you been anyway @uscvball?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

vball i have a chubby....

3. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Wow, I had to check the colors on the board. With all of the complaining about Bama, I thought I stumbled into an Auburn Tigers forum.

4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Based on what I saw this bowl season we'll get an all PAC 12 final when Richard Simmons gets a paternity lawsuit.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

Fuck Bama Dilly Dilly

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  6. Don Castavez

1C59FD02-A2DD-4C6C-ABA0-948424E99662.gif
    Court says I have to be in my house each weekday between 3 and 5 pm. Damn ankle bracelet. You give one senior a ride home and Geeeeze lol

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe not better, but more deserving. Major conference teams have every opportunity on the field. UCF can’t just wave a wand and join the SEC or make SEC teams adjust their schedules to accommodate UCF. Or bend fate so that major opponents they do schedule happen to be having a good season. Fuck Bama/Whiskey/Miami, win your conference or pray the football gods will let you in on the backend.

The playoff should consider not only strength of performance (W/L) but also accomplishments on the field. There should be a ceiling on G5 teams so their schedule can’t be utter shit, but P5 teams already have every opportunity to win a NC. If they can’t they need only look in the mirror.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How do you measure and compare the accomplishments on the field of G5 and Power5 teams? You really can't unless the G5 teams are able to schedule up. And it's really not feasible for P5 teams to schedule them. Wisconsin's 12-1 and Miami's 10-2 is more impressive than UCF's 12-0. Last year Houston opened the season by beating Oklahoma. If they had gone undefeated after that they probably would have deserved a spot in an 8 team playoff, but they stumbled pretty badly vs G5 competition after that. The only way UCF would have deserved to be in an 8 team scenario this year would have been if they had played and beaten an Oklahoma or an Ohio State or Alabama. The did schedule Georgia Tech but the game was cancelled due to the hurricane, but even so a win over the Yellow Jackets wouldn't have been significant enough to warrant inclusion.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. Don Castavez

You let in 5 the sixth team will gripe. You let in 6 then seven is pissed and on and on . I do believe warts and all you have to win your conference to be a candidate. The Sister fuckers actually came out shining with advantage of an open date before playoff. That’s horse shit.

didit likes this.
  10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I really believe it's not about fairness for the teams...it's about $$$$$$ from TV ratings for the NCAA and conferences.

That's why the SEC refs favor the higher ranked teams like Bama when they play lower ranked teams. They want to make sure the SEC teams get to the final 4.

lsu-i-like likes this.