OnePeat.com Billboard is UP!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Feb 23, 2006.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

You're a real bigot for saying that and disrespecting me, my family, and lots of hard working people who were effected and devastated by this hurricane. Both me and my mom lost our jobs because of the hurricane and have had to move away to start our lives over but thankfully I've found another job. However, my mom was one of the people who stood in the Red Cross line to get money and she and I are very thankful to the Red Cross and the American people for their generosity. So excuse me for fighting for the more important things in life.

2. The Gov.

The Gov. Founding Member

Why wasnt the original billboard up there?

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

They couldn't use the original. Copyright laws. The BCS trophy couldn't be reproduced without paying them an a$$load...and even then, I don't think the BCS would have given permission to use a picture of their trophy to insult another program.

Also, the pictures of Saban, Carol and VY that were shown in the original "model" are also copywrites of LSU, USC and Texas....

The design they currently have IS the only thing they could have used.

And yes, while it IS a little late, it's not like it's the start of next football season....I mean, when you really think about it, the BCS title game was only last month....

4. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

thanks for getting this thread back on track! :lsup:

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I can't help but home this leads to an LSU/USC series, but i think its more likely that it will be a uLL/LSU deal... LSU fans will cry rivalry, while USC fans will reply, "LS who?"

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Does someone have a link to USC fan reactions?

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Don't need a link. Here's a few quotes from USC
    :cry: :cuss: :nope: :bncry: :bncry: :nope: :cuss: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :bncry: :nope: :po: :dis: :cry:

8. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Yeah, I was aware of why they couldn't use the other graphic because it had been mentioned a while ago. Regardless, the sign still doesn't say what it wants to say without an implied BCS mention or visual. I mean, it makes sense to me because I know what's up. But to USC fans, they won 2 AP titles so to them it doesn't make as much sense. It wasn't the only design they could have used. Trust me, I can think of a better one using photoshop that made it clear and the BCS wouldn't be able to do anything about it. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying it wasn't the only design that could be done.

And I know the title game was only in January, but that was basically about two months ago. It would have been funnier if it had been done within two weeks or so of the game. Oh well...

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I agree that it would have been nicer if done earlier. However, USC knew about the effort a while ago so it was still pretty funny. Also, this is about the time they are starting to think aboiut next season...glad we could remind them of the past.:rofl:

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Here is video of where it is: LINK