Only Fish or Only Hunt?

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by KyleK, Jul 22, 2013.

?

If you could only do one or the other, for the rest of your life, would it be fishing or hunting?

1. Fish

82.6%
  2. Hunt

13.0%
  3. Neither

4.3%
  1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

That is some pretty rough duck hunting. If you went with me you would never have to get out of the boat. In Texas the hard part is goose hunting...

2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I have some skill, but not very much as I have not fished for a very long time.

I stopped fishing when I was 16. I had been on some epic fishing trips before that but I was just a young kid. I got sea sick on a red fishing trip with my two uncles and they would not take me back. I spent about 8 hours on that boat sick. To make it worse my step mother was on the trip and she sided with them. That one trip ruined it for me, I never wanted to go fishing again. I would go on short fishing trips with my Grandpa when he asked me to go, but never with my Uncles again. That still to this day was the worst day of my life...

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You're lucky. I went out 80 miles once with a good friend whose dad was a doctor and had a huge boat. We stayed overnight. I was so sick I'd sleep during the day. Got up and fished a bit at night when it was calm/quiet.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I was just messing with you man, thus the wink.

It sounds like you have a couple of jerks for uncles. I encourage you to try some of the motion sickness medicines they have out now. They have come a long way and are very effective. I have never gotton seasick, but got woozy once or twice. I started always taking bonine the night before and the morning of the trip just for insurance. You are missing out on a fun, year round sport. I hope you will give it another try sometime.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

At each red fish spot we stopped at I got out and swam to the shore and sat in the mud with the gnats. I am not sure what was worse, the gnats or the sea sickness. I am not sure how I would have handled an all night trip.

6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

It was a mixture of them not believing me and their obsession with fishing. I know I was pissing them off by getting out of the boat every time we stopped, I was probably doing some other obnoxious stuff as well. I was a teenager. So I can identify with them now after having a teenager of my own to deal with. However I was sick, and having been boat sick if someone said that to me I would bring them back. My dad refused to fish with them for the same reason, they tend to push it all day long no matter the conditions.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Does blowing fish out of the sea with a browning A-5 automatic 12 gauge count as fishing ??? :cool:

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you can hit fish with a shotgun more power to you. Its a bit more sporting than using dynamite.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Ya gotta chum 'em to the surface !!!!!!! :p

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

That's my kind of fishing. I love bow fishing.