Only Republicans sell out

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Jan 31, 2004.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Yea Right

Washington Post

2. JD

JD Founding Member

For a second there I thought you were actually comparing Kerry to the RNC or George Bush.
    Got those numbers handy?

3. dallastigers

Does it really matter? So Kerry can take all the special interest money he wants as long as it is less than Bush.

But, you are right I should not compare Kerry to Bush or the RNC as he appears to have been in a league all by himself as a Senator the last 15 years. One can only imagine the amounts if he becomes President.

"Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), who has made a fight against corporate special interests a centerpiece of his front-running campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, has raised more money from paid lobbyists than any other senator over the past 15 years, federal records show. "

It is so funny when people who complain about Bush and special interests ask for comparison numbers when it gets pointed out that all politicians cater to someone. I guess it is only bad when you do not agree with the special interests.

I can already hear the catering to the Taliban wing of the Republican party starting up.

4. centextiger

centextiger Freshman

5. centextiger

centextiger Freshman

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Of course it matters.

When a party continually,without interruption, loots the taxpayers to pay campaign contributors (or organizations in which they have a pecuiniary interest) like the republican party does for Halliburton, Bechtel (completely incapable of earning a straight nickle) and scores of others with handouts, subsidies, no bid, no audit, no-risk contracts, once again, damn straight it matters.

7. dallastigers

link

8. dallastigers

If you really think Democrats are any better I am scared for your students. Clinton and Gore had "donations" from China, Buddhist monks, Hollywood, Trail Lawyers, Tyson in ARK,...etc , and do not forget the Pardons for donors.

Kerry seems to loot taxpayers for his own personal financial gain.

So again does it matter who wins this pissing contest when both parties are pissing on the voters. You only seem to care about Special Interests when you do not agree with those interests otherwise it does not seem to matter to you.

But also more and more is coming about Kerry's record and it does not look to good, but again if you agree with him I guess it does not matter.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'm still waiting for YOU to post your source on
    Woody Jenkins' alleged shenanigans in the 1996 Senate race.
    It's been about 6 weeks...dug that source up yet?

10. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Amen.
    I'm beginning to believe Bush is the Ken Lay of politics.
    And Dick Cheney is his Jeff Skilling and Andy Fastow rolled into one.
    The Republican party has spent specifically the past three years paying off Bush's big business contributors.
    They have not an inkling of what to do for small businesses, the engine of the country's economy.
    If it doesn't involve a government contract to give to a business on a no-bid basis and you haven't given the GOP a large contribution in return, you are s--- out of luck with this administration.
    I think the tax breaks to rich individuals are appalling.
    But that's not what I'm looking to hear from the Democrats.
    I want a precise plan on what they plan to do for small businesses.
    And not the dot.com kind which is designed to do an IPO in 6 months and cash out as quickly as possible.
    I'm talking about the small businesses which employ people at a good wage.
    I'm expecting, unfortunately, to hear about the laundry list of things like the rich's tax breaks, which I do agree is ludicrous.
    But what we need is a leader who truly cares about the mom and pops of the world instead of Cheney's old cronies at Halliburton.