Only two night games?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MCab, Aug 16, 2006.

1. cpsilo1

cpsilo1 Founding Member

That's how bad State is

2. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

yea but isn't it simply a name change to Lincoln Financial? I don't think the SEC is going to have one less broadcasted game per week. From what I think I understand of the situation JP and Lincoln Financial have a deal where JP will do ACC games and LF will do the SEC game that would have been on JP. JP was awful anyway. Did they even have the yellow first down line? The boradcasts looked like they were from the early 90's.

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i refuse to believe that LSU will only have two night games

the first two home games will be at night, fresno will be at night, bama better be a night game<---gameday maybe with a 6:30 showing on espn2???

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yep.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I hope you are wrong. I understand the contractual side of it, but we are gradually destroying a great football tradition. With the mystique of playing in Tiger Stadium "under the lights" you would think the television guys would be interested in televising night games at LSU. It wouild be an added draw.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

ESPN is very interested in televising night games at LSU, damn near every decent game we play at night ends up on ESPN or the Duece. I'm sure CBS will be watching ABC's ratings this year for Saturday night games and maybe we'll see some in the future. But with an effort made to show all of the good SEC teams at night it could actually mean more days games for LSU. Just a thought.

7. MCab

MCab Founding Member

And BTW . . . I got my info from Stub Hub.