Open Jobs in the NFL

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUDad, Dec 30, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Speaking of that, SDS is saying the Brows are interested in Malzahn, and James Franklin.

Can you imagine Malzahn's offense in the NFL? I mean at this point, when everyone is trying to throw the ball, and defenses are getting leaner and lighter, trying to maximize speed, what would really happen if a team that had some really bad ass run blockers were assembled in the league with that offense. All that motion, I mean could that work?

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Just so he doesn't have to go up against Chief every week.

plotalot likes this.
  3. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I think he should settle for only having to play Chief once a year. Facing a Chief-like NFL defense week in week out wouldn't be a pretty sight.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It would be like the Wildcat or Read Option. It would work initially, but once DCs had an off season to study it, it would peter out. (I know there are some elements of the read option still in play, but it's not used exclusively like last year)

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Titans fired coach Mike Munchak.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Buccaneers hired Lovie Smith and Leslie Frazier has officially been hired as their defensive coordinator.

Texans hired Bill O'Brien. Iowa offensive line coach Brian Ferentz will join the Texans staff as offensive line coach. Former LSU Asst. Stan Hixon (assistant head coach / receivers). Stan was WR Coach from 2000-03.