Opening morning way better than expected

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Sep 3, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Quit crying, you bagged plenty. The dove symbolizes peace you game- hoarder.

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Still whining I see. Seem to do that a lot.

3. LSUTiga

Listen, if you don't kill 800 doves and are worried about making the winter, ask the cafeteria to hold some of the good food the kids don't touch. Bring them a tupperware container, they'll hold you some. I know the law but they'll help your family out.

Another thing you can do is start a penny drive for the flood victims in La. Keep the money, the kids will never question how you sent it off.

You can also start an aluminum can drive and keep the cans and sell them yourself.

Maybe a raffle and have a make-believe aunt of yours, who lives in another city, be the winner. You get to pocket all the money, they'll never know.

4. jvalhenson

Whine whine whine. You wound a little tight need to get outside or get laid or something. Maybe both. Yea def both. Maybe even get laid outside.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

Hush it and go make sure your decoys have strings/weights. Teal season is coming. lawd lawd, I can hear you now. "Wasn't expecting to do to well cause it's been hot, a lot of mosquitos, and not much water for the honey holes, but we managed to limit out- 6 men." :D

6. jvalhenson

I don't duck hunt

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

waaat! What the hell's wrong with you. You realize how much meat you're leaving out there? Every outdoorsman needs to kill off their share so they don't overpopulate.

Actually, I once read that more ducks die from natural causes than from hunters. I wonder if that can be true.

8. jvalhenson

I know nothing about duck hunting other than I've killed a pile of them out of my ponds and haven't found one yet I thought was worth a dern to eat. Mostly just greasy tough junk from what I've seen. Wood ducks are the only ones I've been able to make edible but I may just not know how to cook em. Done it a bunch of way bacon wrapped on grill, baked, roasted, fried, and slow cooked down in a gravy(only way I can stomach em) but like I said that's limited experience with em. Just don't see the point in them when there's plenty squirrels rabbits dove deer fish etc that to me are all way better. Nothing against the duck guys just not my thing

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. jvalhenson

for some reason every time I see a post by tiga I can't help but picture Chet from weird science
    [​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

Wood ducks and teal are a pretty unanimous fav amongst duck hunters. I'm curious why they aren't tasting good. Might be something in their diet in Miss, not sure. I cook mine in a brown gravy. Brown the shit out of them in a little grease then make a gravy and stick magnalite pot in oven at 350 for 4 hours or so. I like them to where you can pull the leg done out of the meat.

I find the taste of teal a lot like dove.