Opinion - Bass will turn pro after this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Feb 24, 2005.

1. lsubasketball

lsubasketball Founding Member

He is a gone man!

CBS sportsline has him ranked as the 8th best player at his position.

I remember when all the talk was going on whether Stromile Swift was going pro or not. Look what happened with that. He was either the #2 or #3 pick that year and most people didn't think he was ready to go.

Bass is gone! We all will just have to deal with it. He will make a great showing in the next 5 games; which will include Auburn, Ole Miss, Vandy, SEC Tourney, and a first round loss in the NCAA Tourney.

I would love to see him stay another year also but I just don't think it's going to happen.

What are all your thoughts. Let's be realistic here.

I definitely think he will be a first round pick.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

at his position or overall? Because if he comes back for one more year hes gonna probably be the best player at his position and a top ten pick...which means more money....I think he will be back for one more year....

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Dude is out like a fanny pack...

I think one more year would solidify his game (see Marcus Spears), but it will be a hard sell for Brady and Bertman.

I think it would be a good thing if Tasmin Mitchell made it very, very, very clear exactly what his intentions are before all the pre-draft hype gets into full swing. The McDonald's AA Game is the perfect opportunity for him to say something about how much he's looking forward to playing with Baton Rouge buddies Brandon Bass and Glenn Davis next year and the run they are going to make...

4. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Tasmin isn't going anywhere. He's a 6'7 small forward who is just now developing his outside game. He's not a super athletic(jump out of the gym) kinda guy. He did not grow more than one inch(if that) since his freshman year. He's coming to LSU.

As for Bass...What does 8th best at his position say about him? It all depends on how good the HS & European class is this year. If he's not going to be a top 25 pick...he ought to come back IMO. If he goes...he goes. Gransberry & others should fill in nicely. This team will be talented next year, regardless of what Bass does(We'd be a much better team if he stayed & that's what I'm hoping for).

5. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

he's a gone pecan

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he's gone. but its the wrong move. there is some hope he'll stay. he seems to be a level-headed kid. slim chance he'll be lottery so even if he's first round he'll be out much $$$. the league was willing to take swift because he's more athletic. swift is longer and better jumper. probably quicker too. another 2 inches on bass and he's top 5. it'll be interesting to see, but i'm assuming he's gone.

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

let's not forget he tested the waters after his Freshman year - his game has greatly improved so why would he stay? IMO he should stay to improve on ball skills but he won't

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

forgot to mention that the cbssportsline thing is some formula they came up with. its not a subjective ranking. btw bass is #6 overall. but this is stupid. the top 7 are all post players. their formula is skewed--probably towards rebounds and fg%.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cmon gumb, I usually think you're sane. don't fail me now with your p&G goggles. he should go. really. cmon now. stay with me. Don't try to reason it out. :thumb: :thumb:

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

current college players that will be drafted ahead of bass:

diogu
    bogut
    warrick
    simien
    roberts
    mccants
    paul

maybe,
    gomes