Opinion - Bass will turn pro after this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Feb 24, 2005.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he should stay. he should take out an insurance policy and stay until he has reasonable assurances that he'll be lottery. i dont want to see him busted at 25 because things didnt work out

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if a team really wants him they won't tip their hand so you don't know. Nor do you know if this many or more will go ahead of him next year. If so and its one or two spots then he should go now. thats the thing, no one knows so today is worth more than tomorrow when it comes to the almighty buck.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i'm no expert. i dont know any people high up in the nba or anything. this is just my opinion based on what i've seen of bass and these players---and on what the nba usually looks for. in that list i didnt even take into account which guys will be optioning for the draft. but i also didnt include any high school or intl players, of which at least 5 or 6 of the lottery will come from.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not to mention you're a diehard LSU hoops fan. :thumb: :thumb:

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ok, maybe there's some wishful thinking involved :yelwink2:

6. friday

friday Founding Member

first of all, as someone else alluded to, these ranking mean absolutely nothing. remember jameer nelson from st joes last year? this guy was one of the best players in college bb last year and I'm sure he was one of the highest ranking players according to this cbs sportsline formula. he went 20th to the magic. point is, success or lack of success in college doesn't necssarily mean draft position or success in the pros.

more importantly, bass thought long and hard about opting for the NBA draft last year. he said if he was projected to go lottery, he would forgo his college elgibility. NBA scouts put him at somewhere in the 15/16 spot and he thankfully decided to come back. fast forward to 2005 where the talent level in the draft is projected to be weaker that last year and with bass a much improved player with not only better hands and passing but shooting the 3 pointer at 50%, he will definately be a top 10 pick. so, yes, I agree that bass is not coming back but I wouldn't base my decision on cbssportsline garble. I just see no reason for him to come back. he will become a better player faster in the pros.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

are you sure about his projection last year at 15/16? i thought the overall opinion was that he may not go 1st round.

you really think he'll be top 10? i have heard that fewer high school players will come out, but i assume intl players will be same. i'd be surprised if bass is top 5 college player taken

8. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Is there any Bass/Brady love? Does Brady make Bass more or less likely to stay?

9. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

It would be a hard call for Bass.

He is very mature for his age. Should he uses his maturity to enter the draft or stay at LSU to build his legacy.

Skill wise he still needs at least one more year to polish his skill but most the kids in the draft these day are also very raw.

TM is waiting on the wing to join bass at LSU. If BB would stay for another year, we would have an incredible team next year on the paper.

Please stay Brandon but listen to your heart.

10. clair

clair Rockets

Brady has said numerous times that last year bass just went to the NBA camps to get better...

Now whether or not this is B/S, we'll never know!

I do know that Bass and Tasmin are really good friends from AAU ball, so this should help!

Bass also helped to recruit Tasmin... so I would have to think that he would want to play with this kid?