Optimistic about next year...but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guido Merkins, Jan 17, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jefferson is a Jason Campbell clone. I am willing to bet he will have an outstanding senior season.

Look at the qb's in the SEC coming back. He has a chance to be all SEC. Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas will all be starting new QB's.

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: True, they weren't all bad. Several were real flamers / couch burners though. :hihi: Like you said though, at least they showed up. Was really surprised that no Aggie fans showed up before the Cotton Bowl. :LSU231:

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A lot of those poor numbers for JJ were because, Crowton was a horrible play caller once we got inside the 20. He would try to run only with very little pass attempts. I know that we were a run first team, but you have to be able to do more than just run when you are down that close. If you don't the run game stalls, because the opposition just stacks the box. Which is why we settled for FG's so often.

Granted Crowtons lack of confidence in JJ may have been part of the cause, but not giving him the opportunity doesn't help build his own confidence either. Of course there are those that will say that it was Miles that was making that decision, but I don't believe that Miles was overriding Crowton as much as some would like us to believe. Especially Crowton, who's made sure he took parting shots, pointing out that the playbook wasn't completely opened up and that he believed in Miles philosophy. Implying that it was Miles that held him back.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Say what :huh:

Jason Campbell:
    All SEC and SEC player of the year.

5. LEGACY TIGER

Well, with most of the premier SEC QB's leaving this yr, JJ has just as much shot as anyone else. Also, Campbell wasn't all that until his final yr, so JJ kinda fits a similar path. Kinda

6. TUSKtimes

Mighty thin line between SEC player of the year and Mett's backup.

7. LEGACY TIGER

Not saying I agree with it, just I can see where the logic comes from. Especially since many still think that JJ will be the starter next season. All the kid needs is to have an OC that can get him to play like he did against ya'll, OM, and the Cotton Bowl and that will be enough to make next yrs team almost unbeatable. The talent pool around him is there, he just needs to be taught how to use it consistently. Which he hasn’t been and is one of the reasons his old OC is in Maryland.

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm glad Jefferson played his best game ever against Texas A&M but I doubt the light bulb suddenly turned on and all his shortcomings have magically disappeared.

Maybe he'll win the starting position and play much better than the past two years. I don't have a lot of confidence that he will but I'll continue to hope our QB play will improve over the past three years.

The SEC should reward JJ as I believe he had as much influence on the last two BCS titles as anyone. If we had even an average offense we would've won last season against Auburn and the previous year against Alabama. (We'll maybe not Bama as the zebras were on the payroll.)

I just hope the new OC hates the option and isn't afraid to throw on 1st & 2nd down.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They remind me of each other. Jason Campbell was all SEC and SEC POY his senior season. He was never really that good before that.

10. TUSKtimes

Not to be messing with the grand scheme, but we are gonna have that D-back situation straightened out for next season. I'm going to wait to see who Les decides to send to Manning's QB camp, first hint.