Optimistic about next year...but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guido Merkins, Jan 17, 2011.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

JJ had 7 TD passes this season. 4 during the regular season and 3 vs A&M.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ely my bad. Thought he was a Bama commit.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Coach Saban made it clear when he got here that he didn't come to Bama to win 10 games a season, he said he came to win championships. I personally don't expect that to happen every year, but I think we've had our glitch for a while.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU loses players every year. Star players. What school doesn't lose star players every year?

We have capable young talent waiting for an opportunity to play. More than most schools. That's why confidence is high.

5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Why wouldn't we be optimistic?

1. We lost only two games this year. One loss on the road by a TD to the eventual National Champions who are losing most of their starters. The other loss on the road to the #12 team by 8 points who is also losing their QB.

2. JJ played well in the Cotton Bowl and we have Mett coming in.

3. Crowton gone.

4. Schedule looks challenging but it is every year. Drop Vandy and pick up Kentucky from the East. Florida and Bama are obviously due for sustained hard times like Texas and will struggle for a few years. Auburn loses its team to the pros. Ark and Florida come visit us in BR. Sure its tough. Its the SEC West.

But most of all, we are optimistic because we are LSU Fans. If we can't be optimistic with all we have going for us 8 months before the season, I doubt we could ever enjoy football. We can always find fault and things that can be better. But let's enjoy things until we see something alarming like a repeat of last year's spring game. Just kidding on the Fl/Bama comment though guys.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

That is the fun of being a fan. Starting next season, everyone begins at 0-0.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well, against us Bama had 102 yards rushing (97 of which to Ingram) so I'm cool with that. Bring em on! :wave:

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

He's going to send JJ and JL, dual QB camp. DUH. :rofl:

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

HUH? There's two guys in Oklahoma that might say diffrent. Loved JJ's game in the Cotton, and I can't wait to see what the OC change does. But all BIG 12 just doesn't seem like a 'Norml' comment - or maybe it is.:lol:

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Jj plays well when he isn't overly pressured. A&m didn't rattle him and he had a great game. Mcneese blitzed constantly and sacked him several times and caused him to fumble inside the 10 yard line. Our o line will be back and will be very experenced next season. If jj can be protected where he doesn't freak out then he will have a better season next year. Many times he was confused by the defensive schemes used aginst him. If he can learn over the off season to stay focused and not get shaken he may very well make his senior season special. If he can play every game like the cotton bowl lsu would be damn near unbeatable. I am optimistic because I think our experenced o line gives jj or whomever is qb next year the protection needed to succeede