Optimistic about next year...but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guido Merkins, Jan 17, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that conference is built around offense though. they don't play a lick of defense there. it's evident when those so called bad asses play SEC teams and can't move the ball. Ask Jason White and Sam Bradford, and Colt McCoy, well if Colt would have lasted more than a snap. How did Landry Jones fare this season against Texas A&M? A team that Jefferson turned into his bitch.

Jones threw 59 passes against A&M, for 290 yards 1 td and 1 interception. 61% completion rating of 104.51.

Jefferson threw 19 passes 3 touchdowns and 1 interception, 158 yards, also rushed for 67, and 1 td, 52% completion percentage and a rating of 164.07.

Of course Jefferson would have to play like that alot, but I think he could with those weak ass defenses in the Big 12, and our offensive line blocking well, and us running the ball effectively. Lots of stuff would have to happen of course, but I think he could do it.

I think JJ is going to have a great senior season. He certainly is capable... the question is will he?

2. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

All coaches state that. Good ole coach talk to make you feel good. 3 losses this year - Shula's players are about gone.

1 person likes this.
  3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

True enough, I recall coach Miles saying something about Bama being LSU's number one bleeping rival. He has since suggested he was intoxicated with the infatuation of the moment in the land of purple fandom. He later sobered up and I assume retracted the suggestion. Otherwise how else can you explain that LSU has no "natural rival?"

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

You are starting to sound like an Arkansas fan.:rofl:

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Arkansas fans WANT to make it a rivalry, and have convinced themselves that LSU is their biggest rival. They absolutely hate everything about LSU. Sorry Arkansas fans, but LSU has bigger fish to fry.

6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

We have beaten the crap out of them till the rival is only in name for the other team.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Les retracted nothing. Wise up. Everybody in the SEC has referred to your team as "Fugging Alabama" for many decades.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Don't kid yourself. The reason LSU has no natural rival is because we are the lone king of our own state. We don't share the mountain top like most. Especially Bama, who now has to listen to the Barners tell them that they are the kings. Whether it be for a minute or for all time, AU will be able to look at Bama in the eyes and say, you don't run the kingdom anymore.

We have no such competition within the boarders of our great state. LSU gets to enjoy running the house, while schools like Bama, UF, UT, OM, etc have to share with their siblings. This Miles knows and he knows there is no one to rival that status.

Sound familiar, I was doing my best to try and sound like a Gump.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Not enough adjectives and much more commitment for the superfluous.

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Mean to tell me they're worse than those "butthurt" Aggies? LOL!