Optimistic about next year...but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guido Merkins, Jan 17, 2011.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Dang! This is gonna be a long off-season!

Geaux Tigers

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Yea, they were. Don't remember seeing any "butthurt" Aggies even post before or during the game, which I thought was strange. I thought they'd be over here in droves talkin' smack. I did go and lurk on one of their boards after the game and it was absolutely hilarious reading their posts. :hihi: Haven't laughed that hard in a while. They really were "butthurt"!! :rofl:

There were a few pretty decent WVU posters, but there were some real Neanderthal's too. :dis: Haven't seen rival posters talk that much stupid crap in a long time. A lot of their rants didn't even make much sense. It'll probably be worse next year since the game is up there. :LSU231:

3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Then, great fun and hilarity awaits! Bring 'em on--we'll teach 'em the English language!

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: You'll get plenty of opportunities to have fun. They weren't shy, I'll give 'em that. Good luck on the language part though. :hihi: :LSU231:

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree with you. To say that JC was "never really that good before that" is an understatement. Dude looked lost for 3 years, looked like a complete moron and inept QB. Then, suddenly, his SR year, he is an all-American, lighting it up, making good decisions, improvising when needed, and the rest is history. Not saying JJ will have this type of SR year, but I get your comparison, too. We'll see. Tusk chooses to cite what is convenient referring to JCs SR year only. I am kinda hoping Mett steps up, but if JJ could mimic JCs SR year, well hell, I would take that:rofl:

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The optimism for me is based on what/who we have coming back. Try to never think about who we lost. And we have a tremendous group of athletes coming back and I expect the young RB's to be let loose and run all over the place. I expect the dbacks to be sensational. I think the range of our LB's to be fabulous. I believe our oline will be a cohessive, dominant unit. I think our TE position will be great. And I think our receivers will be the most athletic and have the best hands we've had in quiter a while.

If JJ's first read is open like vs A&M he can definitely do the job. If Mett is as good as advertised then our O will 5 times better this coming season.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Here is good news. This is jj's senior season so he may be better but look at the qb's behind him. There may be a hiesman canidate amongst them. Mett, Rivers and the rest. Qb position looks good for next few years. Did I mention that this is jj's last year. :)

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Crowton's inability to coach quarterbacks was a big part of the problem, which was why Miles wanted a QB coach for OC. Hopefully we will see some improved QB play come next season. That will be a key factor in our ability to win another national championship.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You may be right about JJ, and I truly hope you are. His problems seems to revolve around indecision and hesitation. From what I've read about our new bat carrying OC he's all about QB mechanics and easier to understand offenses. JJ has the physical tools, and so does JL for that matter, to be an effective QB in a pro style offense. So if Kragthorpe does his part you could be proved right.

I have confidence in Kragthorpe because all 'K" named people are genius.:hihi:

10. Leesville75

Leesville75 Freshman