Oregon Ducks Future

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TIGRIS PANTHERA, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I just realized yesterday that I've now wasted 8 years of my life in this jernt. Eight...years... :-/

stevescookin likes this.
  2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

That's like 6 months before the internet was invented

Contained Chaos likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

ouch,.. didn't see this coming.

He never commented, so it's hard for me to be pissed at Chip. Kelly was at the Ducks bball game Saturday, the crowd kept chanting his name during the breaks,.. looking back on it, I'm irked that the smile on his face was just a smirk.

Oregon law says we must interview a minority candidate first, but our OC, Mark Helfrich, will be the Duck's next head coach. Helfrich is an Oregon native, born and raised 75 miles from where I live.

Go Ducks

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

GDF, you really didn't see it coming? It's Pete Carroll part deux. Sanctions are looming, college can be limiting, the Ducks have a monumental hurdle to even get to the Natty. He was lookin', he was talkin'. I thought it was crystal clear.

Still, other than a few recruits who might look around, I don't see a huge drop off in terms of talent or leadership.

5. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I feel your pain, man. Now if CCK coaches the Iggles to a sub .500 record for a couple of years then turns up on the sideline in LA wearing cardinal and gold, you'll feel our pain too.:eek:

GiantDuckFan and Contained Chaos like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

I thought it was settled for this year,.. naive of me, but I have a trusting nature. Recruiting has been hurt this year, but I'm confident that the Ducks will be fine. We'll be better off than USC, don't cha think?

Helfrich wears a cap, not a visor :)

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yeh Oregon is leaps ahead of the misery of USC and their idiot head coach...

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not naive, maybe just hopeful and I don't blame you. I think you will end up with a very solid class. Stanford is killing it again particularly on the lines.

Will you be better off? Most likely. Kiffin is in for at least one more year. *sigh* He has a tight leash. Our incoming class is looking good but we need a DC and I don't have much confidence in Lane's choices thus far in terms of who is being considered. With Pat Haden, the guy has been self-employed his entire career....wealth builder, broadcaster, sits on several boards. He's never been a people manager which means he's never fired anyone. Dumping our pathetic basketball coach this week was a good first step. :)

9. GiantDuckFan

Poor you,.. your team set you up with zenith expectations and then stunk it up, put you through the wringer too, I'll bet.

Hang tough and good luck,.. really I mean it, a top notch USC team is best for our conference.

Ducks and Trojans aren't scheduled to play again until 2015 :(

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Gloria Gaynor survived, so will I.

In some ways I'd rather play in Eugene than Corvallis. Next season will be interesting.