Oregon Ducks Future

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TIGRIS PANTHERA, Jan 7, 2013.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

...yep, USC has taken its lumps in Corn valley.

...for me too, a new coach is exciting, plus I now have a reason to give a hoot about the Eagles.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Brian Kelly is right behind Chip. Are you sure they are not brothers? Just don't keep up with the great northwest but starting to wonder about sanctions and such stuff. Only 4 years on the job, just don't get it.

3. GiantDuckFan

sanctions, smanctions, the Ducks will fly

I don't think Chip's running from nothin, he's a hot commodity who grabbed the golden ring.

I hope they name Helfrich coach soon, I need to hear some good recruiting news.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't understand this move. Unless Chip is pulling the ole Pete and sneaking out before the Willie Lyles shit hits. I hate it for the Ducks, they are the team I pull for other than LSU, and the Louisiana schools. GDF any ideas on a replacement? I wonder if they dangled a carrot in front of Petersen from Boise State if he would bite.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I guess the NFL teams are rethinking their stance on the style of offense which can be successful. I am also interested to see what type of patience Eagles fans will have with Kelly. Will they give him enough time to draft and devolope his players? Also which coordinators will Chip bring in to assist him? The o-line was weak and the defense although talented, struggled.

6. GiantDuckFan

A couple of times I heard reporters ask Kelly, "How's it feel to be playing in the biggest football game of the year? His reply, "The Superbowl is the biggest football game of the year." I think Chip's an NFL guy at heart.

He's been my favorite coach, but Oregon's sports are bigger than Chip Kelly,.. you need not worry, everything's going to be ducky.

Next man in,.. Mark Helfrich,......http://www.registerguard.com/web/sports/

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm just wondering about sanctions, Oregon has been a consistent team for some time now, so if there are no sanctions, I don't expect that to change. Being Belotti back to do a Bill Snyder.

8. GiantDuckFan

I'm tired of waiting, I'll be glad when the NCAA finally burps It's decree.

Oregon's strategy of working with the NCAA in hopes of receiving a summary disposition has failed,.. thus the Duck's fate will be decided by the Infraction Committee,.. probably sometime this Spring.

I would feel better if I trusted them to be fair, but I don't,.. the much too severe sanctions against USC scare me. The NCAA is omnipotent, cross them at your peril for they become spiteful bitches.

There was an article in the Eugene paper quite a while back that might shed a tiny bit of light on the Lyles crap. I've looked for the link a few times but haven't found it yet. As I recall, the article said an employee of the Oregon AD was dismissed, (later denied by the AD), because he went beyond his job description and contacted people he shouldn't have,.. these contacts technically made him a coach, so I think we're in trouble for having too many coaches at the very least.

Two AD employees are going to Philadelphia with Chip, our associate AD in charge of football operations, James Harris, and his assistant Josh Gibson. I believe Gibson is the person who became our "extra coach", and I think Harris was mentioned in the article too.... smells fishy.

Our RB coach Gary Campbell is most closely connected to the trouble, he's been at Oregon 28 years,.. in lieu of harsher penalties, I fear he will be sacrificed and his head presented to the NCAA as a token.

Lots of speculation, and few known facts, so who knows,.. but I'll be happy when it's over.

EDIT: found it,
    http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/i...d-as-oregons-assistant-director-of-football-/

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

If the Ducks get hammered, Chip will look a lot more like Richard Kimble then Dick Vermeil. Goodell did suspend Terelle Pryor for 5 games for his college involvement with tattoogate. Talk about a glass half full kind of guy, I'm actually envisioning a scenario where the crime follows the perpetrator. Never mind.

10. GiantDuckFan

This is an important article/development, (if you give a shit at all), on one hand,.. it's great, and is probably the coaching contract wave of the future.. on the other hand,.. I think it's evidence that the Ducks expect to get smacked around by the Infractions Committee. :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tract-helfrich-ncaa-rules-compliance/1855593/

The contract between the University of Oregon and its new head football coach, Mark Helfrich, contains an unusual set of specific provisions related to NCAA rules compliance, including a requirement that Helfrich "actively look for red flags of potential violations."....

....did not exist in any of the three iterations of previous Oregon coach Chip Kelly's agreement. While provisions requiring compliance with NCAA rules are standard in college athletics contracts, the requirements of Helfrich's deal are extraordinary in scope and detail....

The details are strict and specific and good,.. and I fear, the first of a, "we're not going to let this happen again", public relations campaign. Maybe I'm just becoming paranoid. Where's baseball when I need it most.....

Tusk?,.. the one armed man did it.