Oregon State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Jan 31, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

College football news has them ranked 38th, so much for preseason rankings. I guess we will find out, but I think they get spanked by the Tigers, fresh QB or not.

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

OSU I think had many seniors. It will be a young team at best. They are not as bad as some think. LSU should win anyway. The talent and coaching alone will win.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I'm another fan that isn't so happy about playing OSU in the first game. There is a lot on the line now. While our D will absolutely smother OSU, I would not be surprised to see our O struggle greatly. OSU is usually pretty strong on D. With a freshman QB, they will put 8 in the box and stop the run. This makes me want Randall to start the season, but Saban knows best.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I would prefer opening with a true rent-a-win in most years. But since we already have Houston and Troy St on the OOC schedule, I'm glad to see a quality team like Oregon State coming to Tiger Stadium.

I don't think our SOS will be an issue next season...

5. philter

philter Founding Member

OSU will be a hard fought game for LSU. If they don't come with intensity they could even lose...but playing in Death Valley will be a huge advantage - remember both teams will be trying to find their identity that early in the season.

6. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

they can put 8 in the box I dont know if that will stop LSU run or not. Speed kills and fresh qb or not LSU will be able to move the ball. Slow start is a way of life for LSU they will win.

7. TigerWins

One thing for sure, when the Tigers run onto the field that first time, it'll be incredible to hear th PA announcer say...

Here comes your DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS LSU Fighting Tigers!

That alone will be worth 14 points against OSU...

8. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

You are giving the hokies WAY too much credit to say they are far and away better than OSU. The hokies finished 1-6 and lost to Cal in a bowl game.
    Before everyone starts handing out respect to the almighty beaver, maybe you should check out their message board to see what they really think about the Tigers and the state of La. The typical redneck, trailer, toothless insults and no respect for the Tigers or the SEC.
    No I dont have a link, you can find it on google I am sure.

9. TigerWins

If I judged every school by their internet fans ... well, let's just say that I wouldn't think too highly of many schools!

Internet fans make up a very small number of the total fan base ... I'll judge them by the fans that show up in Tiger Stadium!

10. OSUBEAVERS

OSUBEAVERS Freshman

Arizona? are you kidding? Arizona has won like 3 games in 2 year! we have been to 4 bowl games in 5 years and we finshed 4th in the PAC-10. We are preseason #16 this season and we had the #1 D in the PAC-10 last season and they will be even better next season. Our QB was only the 2nd QB in PAC-10 history to finish with over 4000 yards in a season and he comes back next season! I hope to see all off you Death Valley next season!

GO BEAVERS!!!!