Oregon State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Jan 31, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Freshman

Unbelievable. Don't go commenting on the strength of PAC-10 teams without at least a hint of knowledge about them. Comparing OSU to Arizona? We've blown the 'Cats out for 5 straight years. As for hanging onto the bottom of the conference, that again is simply untrue. I do believe we won the Conference title in 2000, and then won a BCS bowl game.

Then there's this ''they're no VT" thing. Please. VT got beat by a Cal team that OSU throttled in Berkeley.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

You are smokin' the bad stuff, man. To be sure, OSU is not what they were just two years ago. With Jackson gone and a QB who can't get it done on the road, they are probably toast ath Death Valley, but you accord them no respect. They finished #2 in the nation just a few years ago after a Fiesta Bowl whipping of ND.

I think we will take OSU, but overconfidence has never been a strong suit of mine. OSU is not AZ. Until this year, the balance of power in the PAC-10 resided in the NW with Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington State.

4. TigerFan90

http://www.oregonlive.com/forums/beaverfootball/index.ssf

OSU is basically the butt of PAC-10 jokes up and down the west coast. For my money, the freaks at U. of Oregon are the worst. That town is WEIRD. But I guess some from OSU need to take a shot somehow and some way at others. How anyone from Oregon could try and claim that someone from any other part of the country is a toothless hick or whatever is simply amazing. Go to Oregon and you will see what I mean. Beautiful state, strange people. Everyone there majors in gas-pumping. Go ahead, ask me what that means! :D

5. diamondheadtiger

Obviously they accord you no respect either. Look at the thread right up above this one. If you show up with respect, you will get it. If you show up like a bunch of punks (like the above thread), you get treated like bitches.

6. diamondheadtiger

7. TigerFan90

8. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I think I know what that means. I have actually been there a few times, and if I remember correctly it is illegal to pump your own gas. I found out the hard way when I started filling up the rental car. The attendant actually said they had to take a class and pass a test to get licensed to pump gas. At least I think it was Oregon that all of that happened. It has been a very long time.

9. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Freshman

Good memory - no self-service gas stations in Oregon. No sales tax either. No matter how many times either comes up on the ballot, they get voted down overwhelmingly.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

AWESOME microbreweries there, however...