Oregon State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Freshman

I've been to several OSU games over the past five years, so here's a little insight on the Beavs:
    1. Their quarterback, Derek Anderson, is a senior but he's shaky on the road. He gets rattled easily, especially against a blitzing defense. If the fans are loud, it might be no contest.
    2. OSU is known for its defense. The last three or four linebackers have gone/will go to the NFL. Abuse the secondary.
    3. They have one great receiver (Mike Hass) and a pretty good running back (Dwight Wright). But he's no Steven Jackson.

I know you will, but LSU fans: Be LOUD!

2. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I visited Oregon about 3 years ago and I loved it. We stayed in Portland and had a blast. It is a great place to visit. I was suprised at how small Portland is, though.

3. LSUTigers1404

LSUTigers1404 Founding Member

After all the Pac 10 bashing we have done. We better win this game.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm perfectly happy with Oregon St. for a few reasons.

1. I allows us to open the season with a ledgit opponent and show the nation that this season wasn't a fluke.

2. Gives the fans a chance to see a team from a major conference that we would not normally get to see.

3. Gives us a chance at a national televised game.

4. Improves our SOS

5. OSU will, more than likely be ranked in the top 25 (one very early prediction had them ranked 16th).

:geaux:

5. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Freshman

6. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

Another anectdote

Yep. Jersey is the same way. Weird? yes. Convenient? HELL YEA! Especially when its 2 degrees outside. Sometimes its even CHEAPER than self-serve in PA.

7. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

LOL. no doubt. I think we will, but I certainly wouldn't compare OSU to AZ. OSU is at the very least in the top half of the PAC-10 in all major categories. We should prevail, but it should be a competitive game.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

8. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

BlazerBeav, welcome to the board! We are all looking forward to a great game to open next season.

Let me clarify the VT thing. Ya'll are being compared not to the VT of 03-04, but the VT of 01-02. In the 02-03 season, we opened with a 26-8 loss to VT at Blacksburg.

The 01-02 VT Team finished 8-4, the AP #16. Not so bad to be compared to that team. ;)

Prior to the LSU-VT game, VT had played a warmup game against Arky St - a 63-7 VT win. It was our season opener. Since then, there has always been apprehension about opening against anything other than a warmup team.

I think that, for the most part, our fans (myself included) respect the fact that OSU is not a "warmup" team. Rest assured that our team does.

Hence the VT comments.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

I bounced around the OSU boards for a few days right after the game became "official" and found there were a good many folks excited to be coming to Tiger Stadium and interested in whatever they could find out about LSU, the Tigers, etc.

The problem was there were so many duck and cal south flamers there that it eventually became not worth the trouble. From what I could gather this is the norm. Not even good flamers either, just the low brow kinda stuff with no subtlety or cleverness at all that was more like spam.

One first for me though, I thought I would fall out when I saw LSU referred to as an "east coast team"!!!

10. edyel

edyel edyel

OSU FANS, Mark it on your calanders and come on down. You won't be disappointed. Miami of Ohio fans and players came down 2 years ago and had nothing but compliments for the way they were treated by everyone in S. Louisiana. I was raised in Louisiana but have lived in every region of this country and have yet to find the hospitality that you will be afforded in Baton Rouge. We love our football here so be prepared for one Hell of a crowd noise. We are LOUD and emotional so don't feel personally threatened when someone yells "Tiger Bait" at you. They are not going to eat your baby or force your grandmother into swamp sex slavery or whatever else the Oklahoma fans claimed after their butt kicking in New Orleans. So come down and enjoy,we'll leave the lights on for 'ya.