O'Reilly's new book comes out tommorow

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by BayouBengal, Sep 22, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

We should pitch in and get TuWho and Biggles a copy of Bill O'Reilly's new book that comes out tommorow:D

2. BayouBengal

Should I sign you up for the Hannity Book Club too? He's got a new book in the works:D By the way I just checked out Ann Coulter's new book from the LSU Library, you can borrow it if you want;)

3. BayouBengal

I don't agree with Micheal Moore on many things but "Bowling for Columbine" is on my list of films I want to see.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bowling for Columbine got an Oscar as a "documentary" but it is a fabricated piece of trash.

http://www.nrahq.org/publications/tag/feature6.asp

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

"Would you feel better if they threw them out of windows, little girl?" - Archie Bunker to daughter Gloria

6. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

O'Reilly writes some of the finest....

fiction around....

Just ask the Peabody committee.....

Coulter.....

She just clowns around....

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I haven't seen it so in all fairness I'll rent it soon. By all reports it is a totally slanted view against gun ownership. I know that Moore is a member of the NRA but he must have changed his viewpoint since becoming a member.

Even better than renting it would be to borrow it if I can find somebody I know who has it so that even the tiny portion of the rental fee that Moore gets won't end up in his pockets.

8. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Personally and I'll admit...

I'm anti-HAND gun. I think it was slanted against the American "cowboy" mores and American facination with scaring tactics on the news and politics.

Certainly Heston was ambushed but he's a spokesman for the NRA. The NRA's thoughtletness holding rallys so close after Columbine and another shooting incident in Flint was sad. Heston deserved his reward. I'll give him the guts for the interview.

If you get past Moore's "tint" it is a thought provoking film. America operates through the media, politics and lobbyists. I don't think Moore was 100% anti-gun but revealed some issues with the gun lobby. He was more anti-news anti TV...

The problem is in the American psyche....

9. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

You're right about him not being anti-gun. I saw an interview where he said there are other countries with just as many guns but nowhere near the crime.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I read his first one. The book is just like the show. He talksabout how great he is. He is just as ovewrbearing in print.