Orgeron loses Louisiana 5 Star RB to UGA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jul 29, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yep. Its ride or die time.

I am sure Taint will be in all black.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If LSU goes 11-2 or 12-1 taint will go into a coma and never come back. Win-win for everybody.

GregLSU and el005639 like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yes its too early to determine if he's a successful lsu coach. It's year 2 so we will see in time. What cannot be refuted is he's a losing head coach in the sec. By biblical proportions. Nothing we say can change what his record says he is. Will he lose as many here as he did in Oxford. Of course not. But he will he be judged on LSU's standards and that means losing to miss st and troy will get you shit canned.

Sure we could lie and make excuses for those losses but I won't. In contrast the auburn win was quite impressive. The notre came game killed any chance of me blowing sunshine up his ass. And it would have been 10 wins and would have been something to hang his hat on his first full season but it wasn't to be.

Sure I could be less critical of Oeaux but truth be told I dont trust him. I just hope he proves me wrong. Setting the bar at 'better than 5th in the west' is not a good indicator either. I do think burrows gives us one more win just by default. He has to be better than anything we saw in spring.

If we have successful qb/wr development and a bad ass defense I'll be happy. Especially if that leads to 9 or 10 wins. We need a few statement wins to get this program back on track. Momentum is a real thing and that's what lands recruits. That's why kids are flocking to uga. Not because of kcals opinion.

Chipeace, Brian, GregLSU and 3 others like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I could be critical now but I'm in a holding pattern until I see how the first few games play out. Oeaux knows this is make it or break it time in his second and last shot at being a head coach so I do trust him to bust ass and do everything he possible can to win. Wheter that will be good enough remains to be seen.

I ain't jumping off the Rosy Finch unless there ain't no shrimp in the nets after the first few drags.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Which is the concern of everyone.

If he knew he was going to fire Canada how can he not have a better option than E in the wings. With the talent pool there should be a line of coaches waiting to take this offense but where were they? Not an indictment of Steve, maybe it is, but he didn't seem to be the hottest thing going.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Not making excuses for the Troy loss. I watched that game 3 times along with I believe 2 interceptions. We fumbled 3 times, we were playing with 2 new offensive lineman, Guice did not play. Speaking if Guice I know enough about football to see some of the runs Darrell Williams made Guice would have taken to the house. Just having Guice would have won the game for us. I also believe there was turmoil with Canada and O which I blame on partly on Oeaux. With all that we still had a chance to win that game. Lastly part of me believes Aleeva pretty much forced Oeaux to go out and get an OC that was dynamic as a condition of employment, wala we have Canada. Can't prove it but that's what I think.

If some of you remember I was one of the very few who liked E as our OC in 2016 and thought we should have kept him. I also was the one who last year complained we weren't using our WR's and wasn't for all that razzle dazzle from Canada. If E was our OC last year we would have been 11-2

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

All resonable. Yes kids are flocking to GA because of momentum but also the kids and more importantly their parents believe the coach will be there for the 4 to 5 years of their kids scholarship. All this O on the hotseat crap is a killer for recruits.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just saw that the Troy game is on now. I'm not going to watch. Once was enough.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I’m done criticizing until I see the product on the field. What’s needed to be said has been said already and I’m sure most of us agree. Let’s see what we get here very soon. Geaux Tigers

GregLSU, CaryLab, LSU_4_LIFE and 3 others like this.
  10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

<hijack>
    There's a few that have worse records. I've got a book covering one of their coaches, Harold Drew, who was an assistant at Bama before WWII. He left to serve in the Navy, returned to football after three years and his first gig was at Ole Miss following the war. I believe he was 2-7 before being hired again, at Bama, to take over for Frank Thomas. The current practice fields are named after both men.
    </hijack>