Orgeron predicted to be first SEC coach to be fired this season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I think we’ve all seen that, just not commenting much on it. Being predicted lower than you’re accustomed to doesn’t garner the same response as when you’re predicted in top 3.

IMO, this prediction is just the reflection of the many unknowns LSU has...new OC, CEO as a HC (has he matured and will he exceed prior HC experience, or will he flounder and fizzle?), who is the QB and how will he do?, RB by committee or is there a star in the mix?......and the tough schedule. What this prediction is missing is that a stout D like we have will make us competitive in every game. If any of those unknowns exceed expectations, no way we finish sixth. Ensminger’s going to do great, so I personally don’t worry about that much. I think CEO has enough under his belt now at LSU that his best results are ahead of him. Hopefully, Jeaux is our answer at QB, and hopefully the RBs surprise. If those things happen, then we’ll be fine, even with the tough schedule, and by being predicted so low, we’ll surprise everyone and will have a very successful season.

didit, Winston1, Bengal B and 2 others like this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@ParadiseiNC One statement taken to an extreme looks like. Sallee makes a point about over/under on 7.5.

There's a lot of things you have to believe to take the under on 7.5--outside of LSU--starting with Miami is as good as advertised.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

When we push Miamis shit in, that all will go out the window.

furduknfish, Bengal B and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

furduknfish, LSUpride123 and Bengal B like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

These “analyst” are comical. LSUs negative is coaching, as they say, yet they forget our talent and the “last coach” we had; yet MSU lost their most successful coach in their history and it’s their “talent” that has them ranked so high.

Here is a note, LSUs D finished above MSU last year and we were delpleted as hell.

Now. Can any of you tell me how LSUs D is worse? Specifically the front 7?

That unit alone is going to have us in every single Fn game.

unclenick, LSU_4_LIFE, didit and 2 others like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And if they can put pressure on the qb our dbs will feast

Bengal B likes this.
  7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Did you feel it was "Comical" when MooU beat the living hell out LSU? The worst loss to the Moos in LSU history

Ain't nobody buying your depleted roster bullshit. 7 players drafted off the 2017 LSU team is not depleted. And 8 the year before. He tried tobsay that at Ole Miss too, when he failed there too. #2 recruiting class in the Nation signed January 2016. Before O signed the worst class in 15 years in 2017.

Lawrence
    White
    Greedy
    Alexander
    Logan
    Kristian Fulton *when available, check cleared.

All here last year, during the massive underachieng displayed by O. They are your "Star" defensive players. & all were signed by Les Miles.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    TSdude and unclenick like this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There are a lot of these analyst that feel Joe Moorhead is a main reason we've seen James Franklin's offenses do as well as they have. Many credit the success of McSorley to Moorhead.

I've heard some good things coming some coaches who have worked with Moorhead. Having seen some things with Mullen that earned him the nickname "clown shoes," I'm left with the opinion they made an upgrade.

cul2969 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lawrence, Alexander and Key being hurt/not playing did the Dline in early in the year. Which is why we improved as a team as they got healthy.

Its why the game was close until the midway point in the 3rd quarter.

We were also thin and young on the Oline.

I know you hate everything about O, but he 100% recruited this year to our current needs. Line depth will be much improved and you will have to suffer throw LSU opening 5-0 to start the season. I am sorry this offends you.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#wastedbreath

BAY0U BENGAL and ParadiseiNC like this.