Orgeron predicted to be first SEC coach to be fired this season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jul 27, 2018.

1. didit

didit Veteran Member

So, if we attempt the TD and don't make it and ND wins by a FG, you would've been on here giving o credit for making the tight call but losing? That's some funny shit right there...
    I can almost guarantee that you and most of the forum members would've been bitching about how we didn't get the sure points and let our d win it by forcing nd to drive the length of the field (73yds with 2 min left) to win the game...

GiantDuckFan and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Wrong. It's the right decision win or lose. Just learn from it and move forward. A winning program plays to win there.

As I said 100 of 100x.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I was at the game. It was cold, and wet, and Canada’s offense all year struggled inside the 10. I didn’t think he played scared as much as he was trying to play smart. Heck, with the wind and rain, I thought we might miss the FG. I think he had more faith in Aranda’s D than he did Canada’s O. If Ensminger was OC, I’d bet he’d have made a different decision. We’ll see this year if you’re right in similar scenarios.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I vowed not to attend LSU or Saints game after the LSU/ND game preceded by NO/TB the day before. I attended both, and we lost both after leading with less than 2 min. left. Sucked. The only thing worse was the Saints/Minn game as you’ve alluded to.

didit and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

tirk's football background comes from years of playing.

One of these, that is.

didit, Bengal B and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Hopefully with Ensmingers offense given the same scenario we punch that it on 3rd down from the 3.

It was a damned if he did damned if he didn’t situation on going for the FG on the 1. I could see a lot of backlash going his way if we fail on 4th and give up the FG with time expiring.

But, no one thought ND was going to score on a 55 yard play (which puts more on Aranda).

However, in my opinion.....it was a rainy bowl game tied at 14 with 2 minutes left.....Feed your RB go for the throat and try an punch it in.

kcal likes this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

God I loved that game. Even if it was total crap.

MikeInLa, shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I had one too. The players had little magnets on the bottom and moved totally randomly.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Miles used them to game plan.

10. didit

didit Veteran Member

While you bullshitting, I loved that game... We painted the teams to match our favorites then used the number stickers for the jerseys... Brings back memories.. .

GiantDuckFan and tirk like this.