Orgeron Talks Big In New Orleans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 10, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

So he's got the alumni bending over and grunting.
    That'll come in handy when they play the Tigers. :hihi:

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Given the intense nature of both Orgeron and Miles, looks like the LSU-Ole Miss rivalry will be as good as ever over the next few years. :eek:lefire:

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

This guy is a clown. I expect great things from this matchup.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

This dude is starting to get annoying.

Ole Miss is the left foot of the SEC Football Giant - with this dope at the helm, it's like we suddenly have a raging case of Athlete's Foot...

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Founding Member

What a sideshow. If I had a kid fielding scholarship offers this kind of over the top B.S. would raise so many red flags, I wouldn't even know where to begin. No way I'd send somebody off to play for that kind of coach.

I'm SO happy this knucklehead is in the SEC.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Did he ever work for P.T. Barnum?

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Orgeron's entertaining to watch but difficult to understand. Nevertheless, his antics seem to have endeared him to the Ole Miss faithful ..... he's got them excited about the potential of ole Miss football again and they're making some bold claims in The Grove.

Now, whether he can fulfill any of his implied promises is another story. I can't seem to get by the fact that OM was willing to ditch an experienced HC in Cutcliffe to hire one that has zero HC experience, and little experince as a phantom DC/Asst. while at SoCal.

Some OM fans state that Orgeron will coach and coordinate the defense in addition to his HC responsibilities, but if that's the case, why not hire an experienced DC and D-line coach to lean on? If I understand correctly, Orgeron promoted a GA to the D-line coach position, meaning his primary strength now becomes a suspect weakness?

And he hired Mazzone??? I don't even know how Mazzone is able to coach at the D-1 level after some of his boneheaded calls at NCSU and AU. To this day we still joke about the obvious predictability of Mazzone's playcalling. Remember the back-to-back QB sneaks he called for Phillip Rivers to lose the Ohio State game? They had OSU on the ropes and an NFL 1st round draft pick at QB and he calls back-to-back sneaks? Bwaaaa-haaaa-hhaaaaaa :rofl:

An interesting comparison for OM fans are Gamecocks fans. They are just as excited about their future under Spurrier, but I don't see them making the wild, outlandish predictions I keep hearing out of Oxford regarding titles and such. OM fans are definitely buying what Orgeron is selling......I guess time will tell, but it would appear on the surface that Orgeron is outpunting his coverage before the game has even started.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

From a money / exposure / season ticket sales / excitement / fresh donor blood standpoint, Orgeron is exactly what the doctor ordered for Ole Miss. I just can't see how it will translate into a winning football team.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

HAHA! Yea right! Ole Miss fans will buy what anybody was selling them, their football team sucks and they are praying that a position coach can lead their team to something special?! They better get used to scraping the bottom of the SEC & hoping they make a bowl game (if they aren't already). USC fans have something to hope for - they have a proven coach. What he can do with USC is yet to be seen, but they have a WHOLE lot more going for them than Ole Miss.