Osamacare Crashing & Burning

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 22, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obamacare-suffers-three-major-blows-in-one-week/

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's a complete disaster.

United Health already said fuck it and is getting out.

There is much more of that to come.

Fewer choices. Higher Prices. Crappy products.

Welcome to Ohbummercare.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hmm, pretty sure there were a select few that warned the rest of you years ago that this shit would happen. Where in the hell is that pansy ass hippie @red55 now?

Oh, here is another prognostication, go on and elect the hildebeast and it will be 100X worse. Hear me now, believe me later.

Fools

Winston1 likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Oh Shane don't you know it just needs a tweak here and there...ask @Tiger in NC he'll Google it and show you.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I do know that insurers have admitted they charged too little the first couple years so much of the rate increases have been a course correction. Insurance rates have increased every year since I first began paying for health insurance, so that's not a huge shock to anyone with their eyes open. Regardless of what happens, it's still better than what we had previously. Any time the greedy insurance companies are involved, they're going to look for ways to increase rates. I'm not really sure why that's a surprise. Anyone who predicted this was stating the obvious. The rate at which they have increased has slowed however and that's a benefit of Obamacare. Again, there's going to be a course correction as there is with any new program. That doesn't mean it isn't working.

Any failures from here on out I'm happy with. It's just one step closer to a Single Payer system. This idea of mandated health insurance is as terrible of an idea as the Heritage Foundation has ever come up with, especially after the Republicans have slowly picked apart key provisions to weaken it.

I wonder if the author considered the $66 million the CEO took home last year when bemoaning the effects of Obamacare to UnitedHeath's bottom line? Pulling out will no doubt reduce the number of policies they sell, but isn't that how they make money? Their moves seem pretty short-sighted. I'm sure other insurers are just fine with them reducing the competition.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    LaSalleAve and gumborue like this.
  6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

OK, once again I am in the position of defending insurance companies. Insurance companies BY LAW can only take a % of premium paid and not pay claims with it. It is more of less 17%. That includes their admin, advertising, salaries and profits. EVERYTHING except money they pay in claims. That was the law for self funded plans, before O'care and since O'care it has been that way for everyone. Actually, it is a tad more detailed than that, 20% for some 15% for others depending on the size of the group.

So I am crystal clear, by law, insurance companies have to pay out 83% of the money they collect on claims.

Now, remember, that is EVERYTHING except claims paid out. So, how many of you work for companies that want a 17% margin. I doubt, many, and remember, 17% includes a lot of costs, it is not or nowhere near pure profit.

O'care is and remains and will always be a wealth transfer system. When the mindless press harps about the success of O'care, they are talking about those that could not afford, or did not afford healthcare before. THose that work, had jobs, had company provided healthcare are NEVER in the story, just a bunch of jobless people.

And yes, as I have stated a million times, letting people sign up when they want to , and letting people sign up when they have known risks, invalidates the insurance model from the gitgo.

This is not just very difficult to understand, yet, those with an agenda have disregarded everything to get votes. Yes votes.

KyleK, Winston1, shane0911 and 2 others like this.
  7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

and I'm sure you will have a story from your childhood or some other personal anecdote to rebut it.......

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Does anyone know what the percent of federal health agencies budgets get paid out? Is it more or less than 17%?

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Sure, ok. There should be no insurance. really important things like education and healthcare should not be controlled by capitalism.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well thats a stupid thing to say. Capitalism is why woman get to work, vote, why minorities do not have to be stuck in the gutter and why we have the time to waste here on this forum.

If left to the government, we would make sure everyone had a safe space and extra bathrooms for Jenner and studying the effects of highways on the local lizard population.