Osamacare Crashing & Burning

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 22, 2016.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Dude you are welcome to have ask the government run health care your heart desires. Just stay away from corporate health programs which always better.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"One-third of the United States may have just a single insurer to pick from on Obamacare marketplaces in 2017, an analysis released Friday suggests.

Seven entire states are projected to have just one carrier in 2017: Alaska, Alabama, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Wyoming, according to research by the Avalere consultancy.

And more than half of the country, 55 percent, may end up having two or fewer insurers to choose from on those government-run exchanges, Avalere said.

"And there may be some sub-region counties where no plans are available," a report by Avalere on its analysis found."
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/heal...obamacare-plans-in-2017/ar-BBvPqWr?li=BBnbfcL

I can't wait to hear from the ACA apologists who promised this wouldn't happen.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Trump says mean things.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It was the plan all along babe. Funnel it down to single payer. In a few years the lone Rangers will drop out and leave nothing but uncle sugar

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again....the first step in making healthcare affordable is to take insurance out of the routine. Emergency use only. You don't use your car insurance on an oil change, do you? But they're getting to the point where you won't be able to buy a bottle of Tylenol without informing Blue Cross.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That and open it to true competition.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I know a lot of you guys are against single payer, but I gots to tell you, TRICARE PRIME and even better TRICARE for life are GREAT!!!!!

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Tricare is shit IMO. Too many restrictions on who accepts it. I did not like traveling to the slums to get health care when I had it so I dropped it.

el005639 likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Well, I guess it is where you live, everybody takes it, here. Never had an occasion where it was not taken, but I am sure, as you say, it happens.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was thinking about this the other day.

It does have its perks but as @LSUpride123 said it can be a pain in the ass as well. Humana is a big part of the problem and it is difficult to find doctors in network because they don't pay for shit. Its appalling what their "allowance" is. Then the whole referral process is a whole different struggle. The staff at the offices literally hate dealing with tricare.