Osamacare Crashing & Burning

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 22, 2016.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Texas isn't small or rural.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

You need to institute concussion protocol immediately.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I love it when you make my point.

I really hope you sign up for the tigerfan search for Mike VII. It will be so much fun.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"A growing number of people in Obamacare are finding out their health insurance plans will disappear from the program next year, forcing them to find new coverage even as options shrink and prices rise.

At least 1.4 million people in 32 states will lose the Obamacare plan they have now, according to state officials contacted by Bloomberg. ...

Nationwide estimates of the number of people losing their current plans are higher. For example, Charles Gaba, who tracks the law at ACASignups.net, estimates that 2 million to 2.5 million people in the U.S. will lose their current plans, compared with 2 million a year ago. ...

For the people losing plans, there are fewer and fewer choices. One estimate by the Kaiser Family Foundation predicts that for at least 19 percent of the people in Obamacare’s individual market next year there will be only one insurer to choose from."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/heal...-plans-as-insurers-quit/ar-AAiXk1t?li=BBnb7Kz

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Like I wrote, small minority.

Costs are waaaayyyy down. Face facts.

And my premiums haven't budged.

If the gop was on board it would be a colossal success. Too bad they don't give a shit about their constituents.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Uuuuuggee! Uuuugggeee success!

Might as well just move to ----? Well, whatever country is left that doesn't have single payer healthcare. Zimbabwe? Guinea?

Keep on clingin to that religion and those guns.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I'm curious where you get your "facts". Every report I read say premiums are up 10-30%, as @uscvball noted insurers are pulling out because of huge losses. Reports from MSM not right wing sources. That doesn't reflect lower costs.
    Most of the counties with single payer systems are either limiting coverage/procedures (England & Canada) or going bankrupt (the rest of the world).
    History is pretty clear and consistent government run bureaucracy, non competitive systems (as we have now) or government imposed prices are not efficient and result in broken systems and economies. A well regulated OPEN competive market is the most efficient and EFFECTIVE. It would be nice if we tried it here.

BTW I love that you're so superior to us poor rednecks and are here to guide us out of our ignorance and clinging to religion and guns. I know all is right when a pointy headed liberal is telling me what to do. I know if I do the opposite I'll be ok.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I laughed, because this dude clearly has the tigerfan dance hat and he and Rex are fighting over it.

Fools I tell ya

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Premiums can go way up but costs can go way down at the same time. Not that that's happening. HC spending is way down. Premiums are up more than normal for only the fraction I mentioned. Other premiums are up less than normal. Premiums were going up over 10% yr for years before ACA--not so much anymore.

KFF is a good source for data.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I recommend extreme caution in using KFF data. While neither liberal or conservative, they have been a huge force behind expanding health care coverage to uninsured. Much of their analysis ends up supporting that viewpoint.

I used their data for 10 -12 years during the rise and fall of Clinton's health care initiatives and there was always an agenda. Read the "methodology" tab of their latest ACA survey ...

And remember, these numbers, in regard to premiums, are based on some input from people that were not paying premiums, prior to ACA. So the incredible rise in premiums are not reflected.

Finally, just being honest here, I don't have any really poor or down and out close friends. My friends either are retired or employed, many having to pay for insurance using non-group policies.

Without doubt 100% of my peeps are payung a lot more, somewhere between 20 - 30% A YEAR. Since I was in the insurance biz, I am "attacked" about their rates and the many broken ACA promises. The only thing holding down premiums, is the move to higher deductible plans. Sure your premiums are smaller, but your exposure is much greater.

I am for a system like TRICARE, for all. So I am not anti - government. The problem is that insurance is the wrong business model for broad, comprehensive coverage for all.