Osamacare Crashing & Burning

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You know that is a bull shit statement. I could say the democrats only want to help their cronies in big insurance and pharma etc. they've done little for the poor and hurt the middle class with this program.

There was and still is a crisis in healthcare. It is expensive and inefficient. Obamacare exacerbated this because it is a continuation of the old system codified into law. It doesn't do much for poor or middle class people as has been demonstrated time and again.
    What I want is an open system that encourages competition on all levels and exposes the true and accurate costs of bringing healthcare to the country. This includes competition across state lines for insurance, openness in cost from hospitals and pharma all the way down to doctors' services. It's interesting that in the few areas of medicine not regulated such as LASIK costs have remained stable and quality has improved.
    When that is in place a look can be taken as to what is needed to help those in need. It isn't an either or situation MLU. Obamacare wasn't a program to get insurance to the poor. It was a grab for control of one of the largest slices of our economy.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Four years? What the fuck is wrong with you? I posted the initial article in April and followed it with this one. Do you not see the lying bastard, well, lied and this thing he shoved down our throats is nothing but bad news?

Who said that you dumb ass. BUT, if it comes down to me being priced out when I'm being forced to pay for the thug-ass generational welfare lazy cock sucker or illegals who aren't even citizens or a "citizen" merely because some illegal bitch came shit a kid out on our soil, then fuggem and feedem fish heads.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    shane0911 likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Here is more evidence that the whole program is a scam. The people he made the deal with are profiting while the middle class is paying more for poorer coverage. Obviously the democrat party is only in it for the money. They care nothing about the millions being hurt.
    Health care CEOs lead the way in 2015 compensation

It pays to be healthy. Chief executives at health care companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 index made millions more in com...

Read the full story

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

My point is that it's not going anywhere, which is why people here will still be crying about it four years from now.

Do you think what we had previously was better, even though it cost more money and covered less people?

Any one who supports eliminating Obamacare without offering a replacement is saying that.

1) You're not being priced out to pay for "thug-ass generational welfare lazy cock sucker or illegals who aren't even citizens".
    2) Who do you think paid for health care for those very same people previously? People with insurance will always pay for those who don't have insurance. In that sense, nothing has changed. Hospitals and physicians aren't just going to not get paid for their services and goods. They're going to find a way to be reimbursed. Pre-Obamacare, they jacked up the costs paid by the insured. Now, it could have changed some. Costs are still high because the GOP removed the price controls from Obamacare, but at least the cost is distributed across more insurers now. The only way you can get out of paying for people without insurance is to become one of those people without insurance, the same as before Obamacare.

Obamacare is too deeply entrenched now. It can't be undone. Not even the GOP is going to just drop insurance coverage for $17 million + people. You'd have better luck eliminating Social Security. All that can be done now is to intentionally weaken it in hopes of increasing the costs to taxpayers and the insured to create misery and hopefully push more people to vote GOP. of course that's what they're doing instead of giving a shit about their constituents and improve it. It was a shitty plan when it came from the Heritage Foundation, it was a shitty plan when Mitt Romney took credit for it in Massachusetts and it's a shitty plan now that it's called Obamacare. It's still better than what we had previously.

I hope they keep weakening it. They're going to push us closer to a single payer program and Medicare for all.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

If you were in the military and had single payer, government health care you would not be so much in a hurry to get it.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Your're assuming "coverage" means "care" and it doesn't.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sus...deductibles-so-high-no-one-gets-use-insurance

You're putting words in my mouth. Never did I say there should be nothing offered, just not a plan doomed from the start.

The hell I ain't.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You can opine, or speculate, but you can't prove what we had previously cost more money. We are an over medicated society, now we have 17% more people over medicated. That's not cheaper.

Of course the Obamacare egg can't be unscrambled now. That's why Dems broke laws, lied, whored, and everything else to get it in place. They didn't care, that's why no one read the bill. They knew once we were fucked we could never go back to virginity. Only an idiot would believe Democrats thought this bill was for the good of the people. They thought it was for the good of their party. Its become a political football for Republicans also.

Halloween Run said it best on the first page. Obamacare is wealth transfer, not health care.

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  8. MLUTiger

The CBO and their Army of non-partisan accountants will convincingly argue otherwise. It's not even a debatable topic because math isn't gray. It's black and white.

9. MLUTiger

That's one argument. Of course I just need to point to Medicare, the most efficient and cost effective single-payer system on the planet to show that you're wrong.

Honestly, I don't know why they just don't roll veterans into Medicare. Just eliminate the waste of an ineffective Veteran's Health Department and drop them right into a system that's worked well for years.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lots of doctors won't take Medicare. My doctor takes it but he hates it. Last time I was in he told me how Medicare underpays his normal rate for an office visit by about 50% and completely denies payment for simple procedures like giving a shot and the cost of the medicine in the shot.