OSU 75th Defense, 73rd Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

loco

Why did you say the OSU Offense ranks 73rd?

Oklahoma State - 2004 Stats
    Rush - 8th 18TD 245yds/game
    Pass - 111th 11TD 144yds/game
    Total - 45th 389yds/game
    Scoring - 15th 35pts/game

2. nrsaint

nrsaint Founding Member

Just a side note: Rush-first offenses will always show less on the total offenses since they will not get as much yardage as a pass-first offense. But the scoring offense, that's what I look at.:geaux:

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I posted this in another thread yesterday:

2002 OSU was 87th overall in total defense, 74th in scoring defense with 27.8ppg
    2003 OSU was 77th overall in total defense, 56th in scoring defense with 24.6 ppg.
    2004 OSU was 75th in overall defense, 49th in scoring defense with 24.4 ppg.

Now these aren't spectacular numbers but they have shown improvement each of the past 3 years and that was with far inferior defensive talent than he will have here at LSU.

Miles will no longer be recruiting people to a 2nd tier team, fighting with a firmly established #1 program, because we are the best program in Louisiana. Also he will be able to recruit Texas and Oklahomo well, look what he was able to accomplish with competing against bigger schools with more prestige, 3 straight bowl games for the first time in their history. Just give the guy a chance.

4. chilipepper4902

chilipepper4902 Freshman

Did it ever occur to anyone, that this team is filled with players who don't even compare to the type of talent LSU has and they still finished 7-5? What they lost last year in their QB Josh Fields, and WR Rashuan Woods, is compared to what LSU lost in Clayton and Mauck. Yeah we did better because we have more depth on our roster. This record shows how Miles is able to adapt his schemes to fit what he has. I'm not sayin he's Saban, no one is, but give the man a chance. 28-21 with a mediocre Big 12 team is pretty darn good.

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Agree. Unless you're Tx Tech. Pass first. Pass second. Pass third. 4th and 1, no problem.... throw it.

Scoring offenses and scoring defenses is the #1 stat to look at.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

good post pepper. let's give the man a chance with LSU talent. he doesn't have in state big brother pushing him around the recruiting circuits anymore either, and he'll benefit from better in state talent.

what i'm unsure of is how good a gameday coach he will be. i have to admit know little about this but i know what LSU can bring to him. :lsup:

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Did someone mention that OSU didn't beat a good team all year?

Did we at LSU beat a good team this year? I don't think we did, unless you count Florida, and do we really want to count Florida?

8. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Are you kidding? We beat MSU!

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'd love to count Florida....The only problem is that the CHADS are still unavailable.... :hihi:

Sorry...couldn't resist.

10. dirty dan

dirty dan Freshman