OSU Beavs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaver, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Beaver

Beaver Freshman

You may not want to believe it, but it will be a game. I think you will win as long as you prepare. Temp and O-Line will be the difference. I think we have a chance and if DA (our QB) is up to his potential, you need to worry. And all indications are that he is. We have a great DB and D lineman that can cause you problems. Our QB can be awsome but I worry that he will try too hard and throw an INT to lose the game. I have put a bet on OSU to cover and I feel good enough to bet a lot. All being said, I think we have a chance and it will be a great game. I will be there and I have never been to LA. so I look forward to some good cookin and a good time. Good luck (wait, we need the luck) and see you next year at our place.:usaflagwa :usaflagwa :eek:

2. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

The Beav's may be worring too much about the heat and not enough about the Blitz!

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

This game will show the football world, once and for all, the difference between Pac-10 football.. and LSU Tiger football... but on Nov. 6th.. go beavers.. heh

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Hello, Beaver

We believe it will be a game and a good one for about a quarter and a half.
    Your OL might not do too well ... don't feel bad about that ... the LSU Dee is just that good and reloaded from the 2003 group that manhandled OU's line, a group ranked with the #1 line in 2004 :wink:

You said it all in your post ... we know you have isolated defensive talent ... and exactly where this talent lies ...

but it won't stop the LSU offensive ground attack ... LSU could throw just 10 to 15 passes and win this game easily with conservative play and suffocating defense.

I know LSU will come out very conservatively ... running and throwing very high percentage short passes just to move the chains

I just hope LSU doesn't play that way the whole game ... if you score 10 points, I'll be amazed.

If you equate the University of Southern California's defense with excellence ... you've really got another lesson coming.

Whereas USC's passing defense is a sieve ... LSU could easily shut OSU down to below 100 yards passing ... think about this a while ...

OU passed for 99 yards (102 was listed) against LSU with White and Clayton coming after them ...

that's what the Beavers have waiting for them in Death Valley ... that and 90K screaming liquored-up fanatics howling for Beaver skins for 3 hours.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Oh, and one more thing ... FYI

LSU doesn't travel to OSU next year ... it was not a home & home arrangement. I believe you guys just did one of those deals with OKLA

6. BennyBeaver

BennyBeaver Freshman

A Beaver's take on the game

Hopefully it will be respectable. I feel the LSU defense will be too much for our offense to do anything. I think the HUGE venue of 90,000 people will be extremely intimidating; afterall, Corvallis -- the city in which OSU is located -- has a total population of 51,000. I pretty much agree with everything ramah said on his post. Hope springs eternal, and it would be quite a shocker....but realistically, I don't see OSU pulling off the big upset even if we played the game in Corvallis, much less in Death Valley.

Our QB can be great, but is inconsistent and will likely get rattled, though I hope he steps up. His arm is huge ... on the first play from scrimmage his sophomore year, Dennis Erickson had him throw a BOMB that I swear went about 65 yards in the air and hit a guy full stride on the helmet (he dropped it). If Derek can find his receivers and hit them, we might compete. But LSU's secondary is too strong for him to do this consistently, and he'll likely get picked off a bunch. Our ground attack could have been good had Steven Jackson not gone to the NFL, though Dwight Wright is tough and fast. The LSU defense will be too much, and though the Beaver Defense is solid and LSU won't score at will, LSU will be able to put more points on the board, simple as that. We'll probably have to punt a lot, and I heard we picked up a great punter but I'm not sure. I predict a 28-10 LSU victory, though I will be in Portland at a buddy's house drinking beer and rooting on the Beavers.

An early toast, if I may .... here's to a great game where both teams play tough and no one gets hurt...(how crappy to have a season-ending injury).

Go Beavs!

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Cheers!

Benny ... you can take that pick to the bank ... 33-6 was my pick and I see it going just about the same way.

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

IMO, this is going to be the toughest opening day game that we had in the past 10 years or so with the exception of V.Tech. I think it will be close early on but we will pull away in the second half.

9. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Cuz You left out DEFENSE. You won't ever forget this after Sept 4. Dare I say Shock and Awe!!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree. This is going to be a lot better game than the usual opening cupcake opponent. LSU has a tendency to start slow in the first games against overmatched opponents the last few years. We have to be ready to beat Auburn on the road in game three. A opening game against a major conference opponent should inspire the Tigers and the fans to hit the ground running this season and get the job done in Sabanlike fashion.

I too, predict a LSU victory of about 31-10. But to those who think LSU is invincible and could never lose to Oregon State, I've got two things to say:

Miami University of Ohio
    University of Alabama at Birmingham

I trust Nick has this team better grounded than some of the giddy fans on the Internet.