OT Chidi Valentine-Okeke Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Jan 29, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

:D Like I said, I promise you that is what they said about "only can visit 1 time in 10 days" related to the CVO verbal. In fact, that was the crux of the article...how LSU outmanuvered Auburn and got 2 visits to only 1 for Auburn at the end (1 in BR, 1 in GA). I can't vouch for the info in the article however. Anyway, that doesn't change my mind on the favorites for Prince Tega...we'll wait and see.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yea I wish you have a copy of it because we should be reported too if that was the case. I have been following this stuff for years and never heard anything like that. Just go look at the daily visit updates since the end of the All-Star games and you will see multiple visits everywhere.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  3. bhelmLSU

If he chooses Auburn like expected it won't tell us anything in regards who is #2 unfortunately. Then we will have some programs claiming there was no room either LOL

I can ask the Bama staff member on Monday or Tuesday about Tega and see what he says. Last I talked to him they said the have visited and talked with him a bunch over the last few weeks. He made no prediction.

4. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Ask and you shall receive, sir. Here is the blurb from the article by James Smith and then a link to the entire deal. Look at paragraph 8 where this comes from. Maybe it has something to do with NSD and a restriction there.

"On Monday, Valentine-Okeke received an in-home visit from Auburn, leaving a 10-day window where the Tigers weren't going to be allowed to visit again leading up to National Signing Day, which is never a good thing. LSU saw this develop and decided to come in later, giving them the last impression. That visit transpired on Wednesday with Grimes and Miles visiting with Valentine-Okeke, which basically ended up sealing the deal for the Tigers."

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/01/how_lsu_landed_ol_chidi_valent.html

5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Not expected by me that Prince Tega picks Auburn but wouldn't be shocked. Like I said, I have Auburn = LSU for him. But if LSU gets some surprises like say CVO, TW, and CeCe Jefferson, LSU might actually start have 85 limit issues.

6. bhelmLSU

Ok I get what he is saying. The 10 day window is not a rule. Just the time from Monday (the last in-home visit allowed with OVC for Auburn, they used theirs up) and NSD.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yes, the numbers game is coming into play once again. Doesn't it always?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  8. bhelmLSU

Sure is...Nice job by this staff. Relentless...

tirk and LSUDad like this.
  9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

But two weeks ago we only had 17 and the sky was falling, again.

tirk, Herb, LSUDad and 1 other person like this.
  10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Yeah, and a few days before that, it was OMG, we don't have a defensive coordinator...what is going on here? :eek: According to 24/7's composite rankings, LSU finished 2nd in 2014. It is not out of the realm of possibility to again finish 2nd in 2015 rankings and top 4 seems very likely.

Herb, LSUDad and Tiger Exile like this.