OT: TTU DC resigns, who should replace him

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

The DC at TTU retired today after the loss to Okie State. Who would you suggest for a replacement. Remember, he would have to work with Leach and his crazy O each day.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I would hire an interim, and then let Leach cook up some crazy defenses in the off-season. I wouldn't put it past his abilities.

Perhaps Franchione could be the interim. :hihi:

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Defensive coordinator at Texas Tech is like being Rosie O'Donnell's nutritionist: There is no f'ing point in the job because it's a lost cause. Texas Tech is always going to try and out score the opponent, defense be damned.

1 person likes this.
  4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Ruffin McNeil will hold the position till the end of the season. Most likely he will keep the job, he has let some offers go to stay in Lubbock. Just wondering what new blood is out their looking to step up.

5. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I didn't know they had DC. That is news to me.

1 person likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

probably not as far-fetched as we think.

did you see crabtree drop that pass saturday? one of the better receivers in the country this year. how does that happen.

nothing like having 650 yards passing in a loss.

I also didnt think it was possible to throw almost 70 passes without an INT. way to go okie state db's. jason david could have even done that.

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I could only imagine what Leach would do with a set of receivers like LSU has. Holliday would have 25 touches a game and win the Heisman by averaging over 200 total yds per game.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he would be a great fit there or with june jones in hawaii. certainly obscene numbers.

you couldnt have set the ball in crabtree's hands any better or softer. i bet he didnt sleep at all.

yikes. shoulda been at least 12.

9. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Crabtree is the first really touted receiver to come to TTU. After a few others see these numbers they might follow. TTU is finally getting some linemen in the NFL, that will help also.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Can you imagine if Pelini, for some God-forsaken reason left us to go there? Average score of a game would be 70-3.
    Technically speaking, shouldn't TTU be a defensive coordinator's dream? I mean how do you screw that one up?
    The offense spots you 45 points a game and all you have to do is give up less than that :lol: If you do that, you win every game and no one will get on your case.

1 person likes this.